Had the pleasure of diving with Mike G yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmitchell248

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was also able to meet a bunch of you guys for the first time. It was great Ben, Michelle, Paula Mike M. I saw a few more of you but did not get to say hi!

Mike and I had some great dives. Vis was about 10' above 30' depth, once we got below 35' the vis opened to 15+ with no surge along the wall. Second dive a new buddy found us and we got in another 32 minute dive out towards the pipe. Water temps were a bit on the warmer side 56*+

here is a shot I got of Mike getting ready

DSC_4032.jpg

and one I snapped of him once we dropped in on the wall at BW.

stroke_15.jpg

Thanks Mike, it was great getting to dive with you finally! Looking forward to next weekend!

Robert

I think I passed that guy underwater a couple weeks ago, didn't know it was you though, Mike.
Sorry I didn't get to meet you Robert, I was there too. Seems like the only time I get to meet other SB people is when we plan on being buddies, so I get to meet them one at a time. Which is fine too, I have a greater chance of remembering their names.

Lol,

Robert that pic is hilariious and I know a lot more here on Scuba board are going to get a laugh...

What won't Mike Guerrero try? Well after Don's training in Essentials, I'm up for the DECO bottles, YEAH RIGHT!

We had an awesome time and getting back into the water after my Essentials class, was the best thing that could happen.

Dive #1 we swam following the wall until we hit about 50 feet in depth, water became still with very little current or surge. And viz opend up to 15+ feet, worked on trim and bouyancy best I could and then we ran our deco stops on a gradual return to shallower water.

Dive #2 we invited James a new diver to join us and although his drysuit gave him a challange in bouyancy, Robert and I were able to assist hime and I got to pull out my wetnotes to decipher some problems underwater, it was great I hovered effortlessly as I got the notes and we solved some problems. I also got to dive my 19 cf pony bottle, it's amazing how neutral it becomes once it's in the water, I forget it was there. Thanks Robert and James...

Now take a look at these giant divers, I felt so safe diving underwater with them knowing that if the Landlord showed up he would prefer a full course meal rather than a Mike G snack, :) (didn't help any that MikeMills told me he saw a shark on his first dive)!

28jbwx.jpg

Robert,
Great to meet you and hang out. The impromptu meet and great was great... maybe next time we'll actually have a plan :) Hot chocolate and the cool night air with a bunch of divers would be cool.

Ben

Robert,
Great to meet you and hang out. The impromptu meet and great was great... maybe next time we'll actually have a plan :) Hot chocolate and the cool night air with a bunch of divers would be cool.

Ben

I agree some warm beverage certainly would have capped it off. let me know when, you bring the hot chocolate and Ill cover the cool air.... I wish I could have stayed and done the night dive with you guys.. next time.

Hey Robert,

Sorry I missed you. Look forward to meeting you soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom