had my knee surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artsprite

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm home from having my knee surgery. I had a dime size area of osteonecrosis that the doc drilled 7 holes in to try to get the blood back into it. He said we'll have to wait and see if it helps. Nothing is sure at this point. He also trimmed a torn meniscus, and under the kneecap. I still don't know what it will mean as far as my diving. If the surgery doesn't help the osteonecrosis, it will continue to get worse. It's painful, but I'm able to put some weight on it with the crutches. I just thought I'd let you all know what's going on.

I hope all turns out well for you. Don't neglect the re-hab!

Take care and good luck! We're all rooting (sp?) for you! Have a wonderful Christmas!

thanks for the good wishes. I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, exercises, crutches, etc. I'm trying to be good. I want the surgery to be successful.

Artsprite,
Let me add my good wishes for a complete, speedy ,successful recovery, along with hopes of hearing about your future dives.
Good luck with the rehab,
Mike

It's so nice of all of you to extend your best wishes, and it means a lot to me that my diving family cares. I'm doing fine so far. I won't know about the prognosis on my osteonecrosis for quite a while. I'll keep you posted.

Merry Christmas All!

Back
Top Bottom