habitat curacao or cayman brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuesday

New
Reaction score
hi
i am new to scubaboard. i used to dive quite often and now it has been a few years since i have been to the carribbean. there are 2 trips that local scuba shops/clubs in my area are going on--one to curacao to stay at the habitat curacao and one to cayman brac to stay at the brac reef. both sound great but i do not know which one to choose. does anyone have any insight to these accommodations or opinions?? thanks so much. tuesday

I was in Curacoa last March and visited the Habitat complex for some shore diving. The reef was pristine and the visibility excellent. The accomodations are above average and I am sure that you will enjoy this experience. I can not comment on the Caymans as I have not been there - I am sure that it is good as well. I think you have two great choices and you will enjoy either.

All I can say (and I've said it before) is that I led a group to Cayman Brac when a freakishly early tropical storm hit (earliest on record). Not one customer had anything bad to say about the island, the resort, or the dive spots.

The way the island is laid out, there are always good sites on whichever side is the lee side.

I can also say that it is far and away the best Carribean diving I've done.

That said, I haven't been to Habitat Curacao, but have spent my share of time on Bonaire and through the Antilles.

Either way, I believe you'll have great diving. Consider what you also want topside, as that may be the biggest difference. On Brac, you'll have very little topside to do unless you like going to caves and/or cliff climbing. Some bicycling too, but NO night life to speak of. That's a plus for me actually.

I was in Cayman Brac at the Brac Reef Beach Resort back in May and we are returning in November. I have been to a number of destinations in the caribbean and this was one of the better ones. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was UNBELIEVEABLE! It's the best food I have ever had at any resort period. The staff was great as well.

As far as the diving, it is very good. Our package included 3 dives a day and we never repeated a site. I still think the diving at Little Cayman is better but this is close. The dive crew on our boat was top notch. They are there to guide you if you want but you can go and do your own thing also.

But like others have said, you can't go wrong with either destination. I would give the edge to Cayman Brac though.

BDSC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom