H2Odessey Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
http://www.h2odyssey.com/eas.htm

Does anyone use this product on a regular basis for redundant air? I mostly like the compactness of it, but I haven't seen any reviews on this product. Thanks folks!

Think I will stick with my pony.

I don't calculate that as being enough air for my rec diving bailout needs. Also seems a bit gimicky for my tastes. I'll just stick to my regular 19cf pony with a standard reg/guage set.

FD

I consider my 19cf pony to be the minimum I'd want for the diving I do. I'd be stretching the envelope with a 13cf, and on a 100fsw dive, I'd consider the envelope broken. The H2Odyssey only gives you 6cf -- I'd consider my safety envelope thoroughly shredded with that. (If I were only diving in 33fsw sand-bottomed desolate wastelands, it may well be plenty, but my envelope has to fit more than that.)

That said, the true measure of the H2Odyssey in my mind is that they have a new 4cf version!

(I'm just waiting for someone to come out with one that's just a big lift bag. You attach it to your BC, and in an emergency, you pull a string and it blows a big "air bag" around your head to let you breathe as you rocket toward the surface. They could make it 100% O2, too, and market it as "Gets you to the surface and starts your DCS treatment, all in one tiny package!")

I thought I have seen this style pony on bigger bottles (13 and 19 cf), but I could be mistaken. Beginning my search...NOW!

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Alt_Air.asp

directly from scuba toys website, and scroll down to read the following:

H2Odyssey Extra Air System

This is the brand new one that comes with an on off switch!

A new twist on pony bottles, and spare air is the H2O Odyssey Extra Air System. The heart of the system is a unique regulator, that is threaded to screw directly into any standard thread scuba tank... choose from a 6, 13, or 19 cubic foot

For the cost of the 19ft H2Odyssey ($315), you can pick up a 19cf tank for $100 bucks and still have over $200 left for a light to medium duty regulator.

The thing is by building it yourself it offers you more flexibility to get exactly what you want.

Back
Top Bottom