H2 Hyperstretch. M-L or LG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoleDiver5

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey fellow divers,
i was hoping to tap into your vast bank of knowledge in determining which size would fit best. Im 5"11 and my arms and legs are a little long, i weigh 170ish right now, which is a little on the heavy side for the way my weight changes. I was looking at the sizing charts for Henderson and was wondering if i would be comfortable in either a M-Long or a standard LG, i wear 34 jeans. I have tried on a henderson neosport at the LDS and it was a lg. it fit nice but there was some room on the back of my waist. Would the hyperstretch M-Long fit best, i know they are very stretchy and comfortable.

I have owned Hyperstretch 7/5 Titanium in past and then ordered same sixe 5mm H2 only to find out it was cut LARGER than my Hyperstretch Titanium! I sugest trying them on somewhere before "ordering" (Should read purchase) !

Last edited:
I have owned Hyperstretch 7/5 Titanium in past and then ordered same sixe 5mm H2 only to find out it was cut LARGER than my Hyperstretch Titanium! I sugest trying them on somewhere before ordering!

Bad advise...if you go to a LDS to try on a suit and find one that does fit,buy it there.Do not use them as a fitting room.The store pays to stock equipment(the inventory itself-pay for employee,electric-gas-rent-tax-etc) and should not cater to your needs if you plan on purchasing elsewhere. Maybe stores should start asking customers if they plan to purchase suit today before bothering to explain any benefits/features and get correct fit for customer.If not serious about purchase at that time tell them they look to be a size medium when they are really an xl , advise that when they are ready to purchase from the store that they can try on suit to be assured of fit.
If you plan on just trying it on and using them as a fitting room tell the manager there that you plan on purchasing suit online and that you are just using them as a fitting room.Don't be surprised if they simply ask you to leave the store.

Bad advise...if you go to a LDS to try on a suit and find one that does fit,buy it there.Do not use them as a fitting room.The store pays to stock equipment(the inventory itself-pay for employee,electric-gas-rent-tax-etc) and should not cater to your needs if you plan on purchasing elsewhere. Maybe stores should start asking customers if they plan to purchase suit today before bothering to explain any benefits/features and get correct fit for customer.If not serious about purchase at that time tell them they look to be a size medium when they are really an xl , advise that when they are ready to purchase from the store that they can try on suit to be assured of fit.
If you plan on just trying it on and using them as a fitting room tell the manager there that you plan on purchasing suit online and that you are just using them as a fitting room.Don't be surprised if they simply ask you to leave the store.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

If you plan on just trying it on and using them as a fitting room tell the manager there that you plan on purchasing suit online and that you are just using them as a fitting room. Don't be surprised if they simply ask you to leave the store.

Maybe, I miss-stated that. (Maybe Freudian Slip?)
My SOLE intent of my response was to recommend trying on the H2 before purchasing as their traditional sizing seems to have varied! (I learned the hard way, because I was bound and determined to obtain one WELL BEFORE anyone in Virginia had begun to carry them. I called many shops to determine if they had any of these suits in stock yet, so I could at least see one (much less try one on). I would have very likely purchased one from stock just to have received it sooner but alas I ordered my own from an online vendor who had then in stock and advertised them!

From your profile I see you have classified yourself as a Dive Shop Owner/Employee.

I can fully understand your strong desire to not to be used as a fitting room BUT when I am IN your store, that is your opportunity to make me feel the desire to spend my money there. By inviting a potential customer to leave your store will insure they spend nothing that day or any day in the future. This is surely not the Business Model you strive for?

I would think you would welcome people into your shop, regardless of why they have initially come in? After they enter, you Win some and you Loose some! You don’t run them out.

I am much more likely to purchase TODAY, when I am treated well and presented with information and personal service that I perceive warrants a somewhat higher price than I can locate the item for elsewhere (online). I do not OWE you my business simply because you opened a Dive Store in my neighborhood. I would love to have a great Dive Shop nearby and would try to shop there, and would try to support them. I would not however go against my own self interest to do so.

I live 60+ miles to the nearest dive shop anyway. I consider myself to have no particular LDS. I have frequented many, and have spent a lot of money with many of them over the years. I have purchased new gear from shops, online and used. I have come full circle (the hard way) and now lean towards purchasing some big ticket items new from a shop that I will return to for service. I do not however feel I need to singlehandedly support their business. I do not feel the need to pay sometimes hundreds of dollars more for an item than I can obtain elsewhere for much less.

Perceived Value justifies Premium price tags!

Maybe, I miss-stated that. (Maybe Freudian Slip?)
My SOLE intent of my response was to recommend trying on the H2 before purchasing as their traditional sizing seems to have varied! (I learned the hard way, because I was bound and determined to obtain one WELL BEFORE anyone in Virginia had begun to carry them. I called many shops to determine if they had any of these suits in stock yet, so I could at least see one (much less try one on). I would have very likely purchased one from stock just to have received it sooner but alas I ordered my own from an online vendor who had then in stock and advertised them!

From your profile I see you have classified yourself as a Dive Shop Owner/Employee.

I can fully understand your strong desire to not to be used as a fitting room BUT when I am IN your store, that is your opportunity to make me feel the desire to spend my money there. By inviting a potential customer to leave your store will insure they spend nothing that day or any day in the future. This is surely not the Business Model you strive for?

I would think you would welcome people into your shop, regardless of why they have initially come in? After they enter, you Win some and you Loose some! You don’t run them out.

I am much more likely to purchase TODAY, when I am treated well and presented with information and personal service that I perceive warrants a somewhat higher price than I can locate the item for elsewhere (online). I do not OWE you my business simply because you opened a Dive Store in my neighborhood. I would love to have a great Dive Shop nearby and would try to shop there, and would try to support them. I would not however go against my own self interest to do so.

I live 60+ miles to the nearest dive shop anyway. I consider myself to have no particular LDS. I have frequented many, and have spent a lot of money with many of them over the years. I have purchased new gear from shops, online and used. I have come full circle (the hard way) and now lean towards purchasing some big ticket items new from a shop that I will return to for service. I do not however feel I need to singlehandedly support their business. I do not feel the need to pay sometimes hundreds of dollars more for an item than I can obtain elsewhere for much less.

Perceived Value justifies Premium price tags!

I just teach out of one and work the sales floor every so often. Sold the 5 star I owned years ago and it is still in operation after 20 years,so I guess I gave it a good base to work out of...You may have not experienced people coming into the facility,intent on getting all the information about benefits and feature of gear, getting sized properly by the store staff taking up to an hour or more of store time taking notes on a notepad or on their cell phone, checking online prices and purchasing online while still on your sales floor.If you wish to purchase online thats fine,I have no issues with that,just do not use LDS as a "touch and feel/fitting " place,just order what you want on line and hope it fits,if not send it back and try again with online vendor.
That is just plain wrong to use an LDS as a fitting room,and if you do not see how it is wrong you are not the kind of person I would want in the store if i owned it.Please do not waste their time. The place I teach out of is usually fully stocked and IF we do not have the exact color /size/style that a customer wants we get it asap and if it does not make a good fit we place item into inventory and try something else for that customer.

Wow i did not intend to start a war here fellas. But from a consumers standpoint this is a very expensive sport, and being a college graduate im looking for any deal i can on new equipment. I purchased my entire scuba system(bc,reg + octo, fins, snorkel, mask, computer, knife, light, and a couple other things) I am not made of money and despite what others think, saving 50 dollars is something important to me. I really hate the squeeze LDS try to get on you "unmentionables", dont get me wrong i love the guys at my LDS, they taught me what i know but money does not grow on trees. And when i mention a wetsuit i want (H2 Titanium) they laugh and say you dont want to buy that (too expensive) and then i can find it online for an affordable price what am i supposed to do/think....Lets be civil gentlemen, keep the Peace and set urself in the other guys shoes

Back
Top Bottom