h10 light head flooded?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrojanCatMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there anyway I could have flooded my h10 ballast without flooding my bulb? I dove for 7 minutes and the light went out. I have no signs of flooding in the lens. I can't get the light to strike at all now. Could this just be the battery? Thoughts?

What kind of light do you have? If it is a cannister light...is the battery compartment flooded?

Dive rite h10 (the old slimline 10w model). The lens isn't flooded, the canister isn't flooded. Is it possible to flood the ballast and not see it? The light won't strike. It went out 7minutes into the dive. I brought it home and charged it up again and the light wont strike.

It probably more likely that the ballast is just bad and needs to be replaced. I don't see how it could flood if nothing else is flooded.

Agreed, a flooded ballast seems unlikely. There are lots more ways for a light to fail other than floods. The most common are cord issues (broken wires internally), bad batteries, or bad chargers. I'd test a battery from a known good light of the same make, if possible, and try swapping in known-good chargers as well. Only after battery and light cord issues are ruled out would I start to look into a bad ballast.

Back
Top Bottom