H.U.B. dump valve malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad I got to read this. I was just going to buy two used units.
Thanks much.

Dont buy used ones. Don't buy new ones. Don't buy anything of the like.

My wife has a MARES (originally DACOR) H.U.B.

Why? I gotta know . . .

What possessed you to let her get pretty much the only BC in the universe that's completely unlike anything anybody has ever seen?

It's like buying a car where the steering wheel is in the trunk.

flots.

Never underestimate the ability of marine exposure to degrade and break stuff. There is a reason old divers tend to use simple gear and follow KISS. Adding complexity is insane and rarely worthwhile in the long term unless there are compelling reasons.

There is no use arguing with her. Let her keep the HUB. I recommend increasing her life insurance, your next wife will appreciate it.

That's one hell of a contraption. Can you not disconnect the hose going to the inflator???

Edit - oh yea, either buy a new BC or increase life insurance on current wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow pretty harsh responses. Although I agree with all of them. How similar to the AquaLung C3 is the Mares Hub? I know several people with the C3 and they love the system.

Exact what is this HUB?

It's a BC with an up/down lever, and all sorts of weird plumbing.

It also has no normal inflator, so if you happen to be wearing it and have an emergency, whoever comes to help is probably going to look at it and do a lot of head scratching, which is generally what you don't want, when you're moments from drowning.

flots

...yeah, I vowed to myself I wasn't going to be the one to suggest that option....the BP/wing is to the HUB what matter is to antimatter.......as completely, totally opposite as it is possible to be!

Simply put the Mares HUB was the definition of stroke gear. A jacket BCD with all the crappy danglies, inherent buoyancy and drag, a regulator/spg that was integrated with the BC and pockets to store the octo and SPG and best of all a pneumatic strap for those divers too stupid or too lazy to figure out how to keep the tank from falling out.

Once upon a time I used the Mares HUB to convince myself that my Seaquest Jacket BCD wasn't really that bad.... (compared to a BP/W)

Back
Top Bottom