Gustav

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CozumelAntonio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hate to bring this up of course, but anyone scheduled to come to Cozumel as of this Saturday should watch the development of this storm, as well as all of us here. It's been so very hot here lately (which can be a bad sign) and the projected path is very unclear, the computer models have varied greatly between yesterday and today, and it could spell serious trouble for Cozumel if it doesn't take the upward turn after Jamaica.

For those of you that can and want to, please pray for Cozumel, and everyone in the path of this storm.

I'm due to arrive 11:17 AM on Saturday. Obviously I'm hoping the storm heads north and not west.

I Will arrive Thurs. Most weather sites say it will head north.

TD7.gif

I am scheduled to arrive @ 2pm Saturday. Lets all hope it goes north. The latest storm predictions show it going farther to the north.

We are due to arrive next Monday afternoon and am curious if it tracks as predicted now which is through the western tip of Cuba, what will that do to the viz in Cozumel?

That said/asked, we will definitely have all of those affected by Gustav in our prayers.

I'm arriving, or at least current ticketed to, on Saturday at 7:30. CozumelAntonio, can you offer information on the ground as to what conditions are like? Unless flights are cancelled, I am looking at making a go/no-go decision on Thursday. I have experience with hurricanes on the Texas coast as well as tyhpoons in the Pacific, but not familiar with has close they can get to Cozumel and still be acceptable for travel and diving.

Thanks, and my best wishes and prayers to you all traveling and living on the island.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom