Gull fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cummje

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any of you folks out there had the pleasure of using Gull fins? I need a new pair of fins and my local shop is selling the Gulls at 30% off. They have the Mew and the Warp. The warp is longer than the Mew and is apparently easier to kick. I asked if I could try them out before buying, but they said they can't do that. Gotta buy them first (they don't have my size to rent--XL). The Warp's are about one man more than the Mew's so I was wondering if it's worth the price difference.

And out of curiosity, do full foot fins last as long as strapped fins? I can imagine the foot pocket wearing out from being folded over repeatedly when putting them on.

Summer is on its way. Can hardly wait!

My wife used the Mew before (she is tiny) but did not like them and switched to Jetfins..

Have used both- curently use the MEW Hard as my boat diving fins. Tried a new version of the WARP and it was a bit stiffer. I have a pair of Gulls that are about 4-5 years old a few hundred dives and are no worse for wear.

Thanks for the info. I tend to...'lope' in the water and heard the Warp fins are good for big kicks. I just can't figure out why they cost double the Mew's. I'm about 187 cm tall with long legs. I'm not weak, but certainly not the strongest (or most talented and agile in the water).

Has anyone used the Rescue Diver Mew's. I guess they are a nice blend of the Mew Hard and the regular Mew, or so I was told. Decisions Decisions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom