Gulf State Pier, 3 Mile Barge, and Paul's ShrimpBoat 9-16-6 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Paul.

You got those doubles on that Triple-L BC you've got or a different one? (just curious)

The triple-L Gemini. the bolts are at 9.5" on the HP80's. That lets me keep the boots on (better traction that way). I've got a set of bands coming for the LP95's, but I'm not sure I want to wrestle those beasties.

GulfDiver23:
Hey, just wondering where the Jewfish usually hangs out. I dove the barge about two weeks ago and saw a couple Toad fish, but no Jewfish. Thanks for the report.

Well, he's a little skittish. I only saw him (from the end of the barge) when Mat and I had swum over to the culvert for a few minutes, then back to the barge. The big fella then disappeared into the crack in the middle.

So, I guess if there's divers around, he's inside the structure.

The first time I spotted him was my first look into the crack in the middle of the barge, it was about 3' from me. It didn't stick around long, once it saw me, it was shooting off into the inards of the barge. The other two times I saw it was after leaving the barge a few minutes and returning.

Weighing in on the dredge. I dove it last month with Capt Rusty, et al. Fish all over but they were small. With the water getting cooler and the tourist going away, it might be even better now.

We weren't shooting anything, just sightseeing and taking pictures :)

Arr, Matey, them be some nice drawings. Them jelly scaliwages do be the bane of the sea!

SeaYoda:
So how does a moon jelly sting compair to a stinging nettle?
Compared to a nettle??? Barely there at all. Frappin' nettles *hurt*! Moons are a minor irritant if you notice 'em at all.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom