Gulf Shores/Pensacola in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The visibility can be hit miss. Average viz I've seen is about 30 ft to 40 ft (September & November), it's not Cozumel but better than any Indiana quarry.

Good luck.

Agreed, 30-40 in warm water is better than 5-10 in cold water that I currently deal with. Thanks for the recommendations.

I got my AOW in Pensacola and the vis was great (100+). We dove 2 wrecks, Pete Tide 2 and Ocean Winds. There was plenty of life on both! I used H2O Below the boat and staff were awesome. I think the boat was a 36’ Newton and we had about 14 people on the boat. I had a dive lined up with Emerald Coast Dive Shop a few weeks ago just a few days after hurricane Michael ripped through there. The dive was cancelled bc the vis was too bad. Check out this site Florida Panhandle Shipwreck Trail they have plenty of ops to choose from.

Goood luck and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I enjoyed 3 separate trips (2013,14,15) in Feb./March with Niuhi Diving of Pensacola. Captain Andy Ross. Actually, they are located in extreme West part of the city, almost in Perdido Key, FL. Check out their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom