Gulf Islands VS Port Hardy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is for Port Hardy as well. I know God's Pocket is very nice but if you want the experience of being on a very classy liveaboard give the Swell a try. I have never felt so comfortable on a cold water trip as the two weeks I have spent on her. Nice cabins, lots of hot water,excellent food and attentive service from the crew are its high points. I am returning for a third trip in August to try their Alaska tour.

Port Hardy for sure :D Browning Pass, Seven Tree, Croker Rock, Hunt Rock, Snowfall, Hussar Point are sites not to be missed. If it can be arranged, a trip over to Nakwakto Rapids is worth the time. Been up to Hardy a number of times, and absolutely love it.

God's Pocket is a very nice resort but I found it to be a bit expensive.

Browning Pass Hideaway is also nice, and not as "rustic" as it used to be. For local knowledge John is hard to beat

The liveaboard "Mamro" would be a good choice, as he has been in this area for a long time. Never been on board his vessel, but I have heard great reviews.

Never been on the Nautilus Swell, so am not really qualified to comment other than I have heard that he is expensive as well.

If I had to choose based on my budget I would probably go with Browning Pass Hideaway or the Mamro. :eek:k:

Hope this helps !!

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom