Gulf dive 4-29-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcrmsntde

Registered
Reaction score
On Sunday, me, Jack, Will and David(all from my LDS) went out on Jacks boat to do some spearfishing. We headed out of Dauphin Island and went toward Tensaw bridge span4. The vis on the surface was about 40' then around 80' it went to nothing. So we headed over to Tensaw bridge 2 were conditions were a little better, but not that much fish at this site. So we went to a close by rig to try our luck.

When we got to the rig there were a couple of boats on the rig but they said the fish weren't biting. So Jack decided to do some freediving to check out conditions. Within about 10 minutes he had 2 cobia, but one slide off the shaft as we pulling it into the boat. That's when we decided to tie up and hit the water. When we reached 70-80' there were several snapper and cobia on the rig. When all was said and done we ended up with about 5 snapper and 3 cobia on the end of our shafts.

Sorry it took so long to post but this week is final

Hey Robert this is Ben. I've been trying to set up a trip with Jack, but nothing has worked out yet. Thanks for the report. If you have any other trips lined up and you need an extra diver just let me know.

Nice to get some reports from that side of the Bay, I haven't dived anywhere west of Fort Morgan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom