Guess what I saw at my LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kestrell

Reaction score
I went in to look for an SMB for my trip to Mexico this summer and right there by the counter were two shiny and new PST E-8 130's

Well I'd like to say I picked them both up, but unfortunately I did not.

I did get one though.

While I was planning to purchase an E-8 119 or two, some time in the future, I just couldn't pass up the 130; it was there, not just a picture on a web sight with the words, "Out of Stock" next to it, or just a shrug of the shoulders from someone at the LDS when asked when they would be getting some PST Tanks; it was there for me to touch, hold, and buy.

Besides, I normally rent steel 95's from this LDS and the 130 was the same weight and only 1"-1.5" taller so I shouldn't have any problems with the size of the tank, and more air is better, right?

It was on sale for $395 (incl. valve) but I got it for $375.

Anyway, I'm happy.

About 9 months ago, and I really appreciated the extended bottom time. It's quite heavy at 43 lbs. empty but diving it with my bp/w I don't wear any extra weight so its okay, but diving it in my drysuit I need 22 lbs more and that my friend darn near kills me! If I had doubles E-130's I couldn't stand up!

A fair price !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You can find those on The Deco Stop for $330 from shops with them in stock. But then of course you have to pay shipping if you arent local...

hoosier:
Kestrell,

Congratulation!. I think the tank is ready on the market. Diveriteexpree also has it in stock. http://www.diveriteexpress.com/gas/steel.shtml#e8130 I envy you.

Oh, I agree, they are and have been on the market, but supplies are somewhat hard to come by in my area at least. I was just sharing.

KidK9:
You can find those on The Deco Stop for $330 from shops with them in stock. But then of course you have to pay shipping if you arent local...

Exactly.

I figured that $375 was a good price from my LDS. I'm not claiming to have negotiated the deal of the century, I just thought I got a fair price.

You did get a fair price. Especially since many people are flat out craving these tanks. I have a set, and they make me cry everytime I look at them. They are art!

KidK9:
You did get a fair price. Especially since many people are flat out craving these tanks. I have a set, and they make me cry everytime I look at them. They are art!

Yeah, it is a great looking tank!

I can't wait to strap it on this spring.

Okay, I may have a compulsive buying problem.

I just bought a Faber LP 85 for my wife. I got it on-line from http://www.techdivinglimited.com/ .

I couldn't beat the price, a bit more than $230 including valve and shipping.

I couldn't afford not to buy it, or so I've convinced myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom