guess what came today???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Actually it came a few days ago but this is the first day I have had a chance to take it out of the box! My new 5050!

I am going to start having a look at it this evening - I thought there was a thread here about getting started with this camera and I can't seem to make it come up on a search...can anyone help me? A search is not working for some reason...

I am assuming that I should set it on SHQ to start...have to do a search of the forum for TIFF info but I will wait until I am back home (with ADSL instead of dial up!!) to do that.

No underwater for me for a while yet, but I hope to learn the buttons and controls before I get back.

have to give kudos to buydig.com. Bought the camera for what I thought was a good price and free shipping. Called and ordered (problems with the web site) on Monday, told order would be processed in 1 - 2 days and then shipping was 7 - 10 business days from then. FedEx arrived Thursday. Can't beat free three day arrival time!

lol i know the feeling so well... not with an Oly, but still :wink:

alcina:
Actually it came a few days ago but this is the first day I have had a chance to take it out of the box! My new 5050!

I am going to start having a look at it this evening - I thought there was a thread here about getting started with this camera and I can't seem to make it come up on a search...can anyone help me? A search is not working for some reason...

I am assuming that I should set it on SHQ to start...have to do a search of the forum for TIFF info but I will wait until I am back home (with ADSL instead of dial up!!) to do that.

No underwater for me for a while yet, but I hope to learn the buttons and controls before I get back.

have to give kudos to buydig.com. Bought the camera for what I thought was a good price and free shipping. Called and ordered (problems with the web site) on Monday, told order would be processed in 1 - 2 days and then shipping was 7 - 10 business days from then. FedEx arrived Thursday. Can't beat free three day arrival time!

congrats!!

don't shoot TIFF it takes for ever to save and uses the card up really quick.

i always use RAW but you might prefer SHQ as you can buffer the shots

To get started, the instead of searching for all the different possibilities of threads, I would start off by reading the Tips and Techniques forum. Next, I would got to Peter's Splashdown Diver's site. Also read Gilligan's PT-10 site Although it's not C-5050 specific, he has some great info that crosses over to the 5050 and PT-15.

Here is a link to the post with a whole bunch of websites that may be helpful for you.

Olympus c5050 sites

Have so much fun with your new camera!!

HI!

Have fun with your camera..But seeing what you did with the stylus, I know this can only be better.
aloha,
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom