Guerrero has turned to the Dark Side...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The video de-briefs are absolutely the most valuable tool....I can't believe that not everyone uses them! It's one of the best things about the UTD/GUE classes.

I agree!

Ok - getting busy writing :).

Hi all,

I've read all or your posts and can only thank you for bringing in some humor to this very intense training I have ever had in the scuba world.

Video debriefing has to be the most ego crushing blow I have never wanted to see. Yet it's the truth and videos don't lie, and guess what I have the blackest drysuit of the group and it still didnt' hide me from Don's camera.

I wanted to break that little camera of his every time he brought it out, J/K.... I was like how the hell can he stay so perfect in trim and catch every one of my mistakes, he was awesome.

I literally was trying to hide my fins touching the bottom or using my finger to push me back and when I did, that dumb camera of his was right on me like white on rice, he is that good, I kid you not.

He has to be the nicest instructor that rips you apart with a gentle smile, he left me SPEECHLESS, there was nothing, absolutely nothing I could say, other than yes that's is me on video.

But you know what, as painful as the training was, we had times that we laughed out many of our mistakes, there is one I won't forget and we have the video to prove it.

On one of the dives, Don made it clear to me, that while on formation don't cross that line of his on the ocean bed, don't know how I moved over past that line and I swore to him it was the current that pushed me, he appeared out of know where and pushed me back into formation, he is a flippin Mermaid underwater.

Okay so now, I am vigilant not to cross his line and wanted to get him a little sign that says PRIVATE PROPERTY, NO TRESSPASSING... J/K

Okay so now to the funny part, on a second dive I break formation again and am swimming away from the line when I'm suppose to do a S-drill with my team. I see to my right Don filming me, and then I take my eyes off of him and continue swimming when all of a sudden I feel this huge tug on my fins.

I was like what the hell is going on, how did Don swim from all the way there to behind me and pull my fins hard, the tugging continues and I literally turn around upside down and look up and it's not Don but MikeMill's, and he's above me and I say to him underwater with my arms, "what the hell".

They got my attention for S-drill, but if you look at that video of that scene you will die laughing. I will treasure that moment for a long time.

Guys, this was the best training I have ever had and only look forward to diving over and over again to apply these newly found skills.

Don, Kathy and Miller you guys ROCK!!! I'm very grateful to have had both of you on my team.

MG

Last edited:
Thanks for being patient, here is finally, a video clip of when I finished Essentials, doesn't look good for me as you find me on the ground, but luckly the UTD/GUE gang comes in and picks me up and patches me up...

You can even see that the Break Water has turned red and viz wasn't that good, I barely crawled out from all those drills I tried to do... :)

But what I like about DIR, is once you sign up for the Darkside of the force, you have a TEAM that is always there for you...

Enjoy...:)

But what I like about DIR, is once you sign up for the Darkside of the force, you have a TEAM that is always there for you...

You may have to drive 10 hours to dive with them, but.. yeah, they're there.

You may have to drive 10 hours to dive with them, but.. yeah, they're there.

Thanks Dave,

But with a land speeder or even maybe the Tie Fighter, I might be able to get to you guys even faster... :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom