GUE Tech 1 Trip Report w/Bob Sherwood and Silent World Key Largo, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice report. Thanks for taking the time to post it. Tech 1 *may* be in my future.

Henrik

Thnx for the report

I was going to give you flak about doing it in the warm water, but it looks like the waves made up for the warmth :wink:

Way to go guys! I'm glad you passed, but I'm glad it was challenging too. I'm sort of surprised you didn't dive the Northern Light. It would be the perfect preview to a trip to the North Wind!

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Kathy and I are heading down there next month for her birthday. Any suggestions?

That 70' bottle of yours is hanging pretty low, isn't it Nick? I like to loosen the knot on my stage kits, and slide them up a bit more onto the tank neck. That helps pull them in a little, but makes the stage harder to clip on. Was this your first time clipping on a stage in deep water? Those 12' waves would make for an interesting time of it!

Tom

I was going to give you flak about doing it in the warm water, but it looks like the waves made up for the warmth :wink:

Way to go guys! I'm glad you passed, but I'm glad it was challenging too. I'm sort of surprised you didn't dive the Northern Light. It would be the perfect preview to a trip to the North Wind!

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Kathy and I are heading down there next month for her birthday. Any suggestions?

That 70' bottle of yours is hanging pretty low, isn't it Nick? I like to loosen the knot on my stage kits, and slide them up a bit more onto the tank neck. That helps pull them in a little, but makes the stage harder to clip on. Was this your first time clipping on a stage in deep water? Those 12' waves would make for an interesting time of it!

Tom

The northern light has depths of about 190' to really see anything, that's T1+ or T2 range. T1 rating allows 170' with no more than 30 minutes planned deco and either 50% or 100% deco gas but not both. This was the first time I've ever clipped on a stage bottle in any kind of water, it got adjusted multiple times throughout the week. I sent ya a PM on DM about key largo did you get it? We have to plan some dives in the lakes this year!

Shiny new cards & some great fun diving in warm water. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing the story!

You all have come a long way since that spastic valve drill pratice video :)!

It's been inspiring to watch! Congratulations you two!!

Congrats! Thanks for the heartfelt report on your T1 class, it certainly brings back fond memories of my T1 with JJ and Beto in Monterey as we certainly had our moments too.

Congrats! Thanks for the heartfelt report on your T1 class, it certainly brings back fond memories of my T1 with JJ and Beto in Monterey as we certainly had our moments too.

Wow, taking T/1 with JJ in the background sounds like a no pressure kinda class :)

Shiny new cards & some great fun diving in warm water. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing the story!

You all have come a long way since that spastic valve drill practice video :)!

It's been inspiring to watch! Congratulations you two!!

Lol, take this for what it's worth......If you dig up that thread there were a few comments that went all over the board on things to correct, and ways to improve......Some of which mattered, some of which were even debated in our Fundies and T/1 classes.....I think that as long as your able to get very comfortable doing the drills before starting class, the class itself will help refine those skills to perfection.....We learned so much on how to improve the fine details because we were comfortable with the basics......

Please don't hesitate to write up a report for us on your class so we'll have something to reminisce about.....

Wow, taking T/1 with JJ in the background sounds like a no pressure kinda class :)

Well, we definitely had our challenges but Beto and JJ were incredibly patient and helpful. Actually we never felt any pressure from either JJ or Beto, it was all one team. They were helping us to gain new skills and knowledge and we wanted it desperately!

I definitely felt privileged to have JJ's undivided attention for that 5 or so days. Here was my once-in-a-lifetime chance to ask JJ any question I ever pondered upon about diving, GUE and more! Like, how do you go to the bathroom when you're doing a 24 hour dive. LOL. I mean like how Do you do that? :D

That and a hundred more, so a very memorable experience. But thanks again for your report, it's nice to think back and relive some of those awesome experiences!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom