GUE introducing learn to dive.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's a great idea, the skill sets that you would come out with are excellent. Something i wish i could have done 2 years ago. But unless GUE put out a massive marketing campaign i can't see too many students subscribing. Most divers don't find out about GUE till later in their diving career.

The GUE training can't be compared to PADI or any other agency and it will come down to a price tag. I bet most of us went for the cheapest to begin with, i know i did, as i didn't know instruction could vary so greatly.

I can't really remember how i even heard of GUE for that matter, but i never came across it when i decided to take up diving when trawling the web trying to find scuba courses or instructors.

The GUE training can't be compared to PADI or any other agency and it will come down to a price tag. I bet most of us went for the cheapest to begin with, i know i did, as i didn't know instruction could vary so greatly.

I didn't decide based on price, in fact, the course I took cost about 2.5 times as much as what everyone else was charging BUT they offered more...and no hidden fee's...but would I have been willing to spend $1000 back then? Probably not. Like others have said, this will be a hard sale, not impossible but hard for sure.

I didn't decide based on price, in fact, the course I took cost about 2.5 times as much as what everyone else was charging BUT they offered more...and no hidden fee's...but would I have been willing to spend $1000 back then? Probably not. Like others have said, this will be a hard sale, not impossible but hard for sure.

That's the ket though isn't it? You paid more get more. When i learned to dive the centres all offered the same thing, so i went for the cheapest.

NEVER was there any mention of GUE from any diver i have met in Ireland in person. So they will have a difficult time to explain what extra they do to the average person wanting to start diving to warrant the cost.

Plus the fact not everyone sticks at it, so a massive initial outlay may not appeal to most newcomers. I can't see GUE having a "discover scuba" course.

%$@^ freaking padi already snagged my money, I will reccomend to my noncerted friends though since i hear lots of good things about GUE and maby ill pick up at rec2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom