GUE goes tabular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me it just looks that GUE is using Navy-based NDL.

If they aren't Buhlmann, they're probably Navy. There are few other pubic domain tables they could legally cite.

good catch, although the 40-50ft depths are more conservative with GUE.

Are the RNTs and letter groups taken from NOAA's as well?

Looks like GUE stopped the table at letter group M and just called that the max for 40 & 50 feet. Not that I know of many divers spending 405 min at 40 feet, which is the NOAA limit. The only other changes I see are adjusting the RNTs for 50 feet to represent the shorter limit.

My question is, if this becomes or is the official table for GUE, how do I order me my table? Is it for sale on their website?

Anyone have the link?

$30.00.

http://www.gue.com/?q=en/product/books

GUE sent the table out by email a couple of months ago. Unfortunately the file doesn't print well, so I emailed GUE and the Rec author Jesper for a print resolution file, but never heard back ...?

I own the Rec book pdf file, and the table in there also prints poorly.

Too bad - I'd have liked to have a laminated version I could actually use.

Henrik

It printed crystal clear for me via laser printer (at work - Shhhhh!)...

You can get the tables & rec1 books by being a GUE member. Although I don't think there's a plastic laminated version anywhere.

Kinkos will laminate all 503 pages of the Rec-1 download should anyone like...:D

I asked a similar question on the UTD forums a while back, albeit in relation to the air tables I was taught in my Essentials course. I'm sure the methodologies are quite similar.

Groups - Unified Team Diving

Peace,
Greg

I don't know where GUE got the tables, either, but I know what Steve told me about min deco. Does anybody have a copy of DecoPlanner? Run bottom times until you get 1 minute stops from half maximal depth, and those should be the bottoms times we're seeing.

It printed crystal clear for me via laser printer (at work - Shhhhh!)...

Kinkos will laminate all 503 pages of the Rec-1 download should anyone like...:D

Hmmm. What GUE sent was a 5" x 5" png file at 150 dpi, which is "fuzzy" at 100% at screen resolution. Didn't print well at all - and I do graphics and such for work ... shhh :wink: The small numbers are almost unreadable - even with my glasses on :) I just can't help but wonder why they didn't just send a pdf version. It could have been made almost infinitely scalable and would print perfectly. Of course it'd have been nice if *someone* had gotten back to me - even if just to tell me to take a hike :shrug:

The Rec 1 book unfortunately is even worse. It's set up for screen resolution (72 dpi) only. It's readable if printed, but not great.

Just a pet peeve of mine. Other than download size, there is absolutely no reason to electronically publish in so-so resolution. Especially when you must know that most people will print to read.

Henrik

I asked a similar question on the UTD forums a while back, albeit in relation to the air tables I was taught in my Essentials course. I'm sure the methodologies are quite similar.

Groups - Unified Team Diving

Peace,
Greg

That's a paid subscription forum. I happen to know the content and Buhlmann won't generate a "no deco" or "min deco" table like the NOAA ones GUE has adapted.

IMO, the fact that we can have a discussion of PADI vs. NAUI vs. NOAA vs. Navy vs. GUE tables is due to the fact that at one point we all learned tables. Skipping that step completely in a recreational course would be omitting a useful point of reference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom