GUE Fundie Classes & Amazing dive experiences in Jan & Feb 2011 Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone,
I have a dilemma and wasn't sure where to post, so I just searched "GUE fundies," and this thread displayed. I would appreciate anybody assisting me / pointing me in the right direction to where I can figure out my dilemma. Thanks.....
I want to take the GUE fundamentals class, but have problems working with the online set scheduled classes on the GUE website because of the nature of my job. My options are dates between March 26 - April 3, OR May 31 - June 17 in the Florida region, as close to Georgia as possible. My questions......
1. Any instructors available to teach a fundies class in those dates above?
2. Any potential fundies students interested in a class during those dates above?
Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing from any and all of you interested in a class or able to advise.
Dawn

call extreme exposure in high springs and ask doug mudry if he's available. he is probably there now

Yes, Georgiadaybreak, the schedule set on the GUE website is only the tip of the iceberg (and too often only represents classes that have already filled). Most classes are scheduled by students contacting the instructor, and then the instructor may put the class up on the website if there are openings. But you will somehow have to find another student whose schedule matches up with yours, because standards do not permit private GUE classes.

call extreme exposure in high springs and ask doug mudry if he's available. he is probably there now

+1 start with Doug. He may know of or be able to find another student for you to buddy up with.

He just taught a primer course. Maybe that guy is interested.

:hm: We're about a month out from travel date -- are we going to get any more info?

Yes, I thought Dan was going to send out questionnaires or something? I haven't received anything like that.

Yes, I thought Dan was going to send out questionnaires or something? I haven't received anything like that.

This is all that I have seen . . .

Kate, this is going to be a lot of fun for all of us. It will be nice meeting you and all of the other Scubaboarders we talk to all the time online.

I will be able to take people out early--on days prior to the friday/sat/sun dives, if anyone of you would like.

Also, and VERY IMPORTANT!!! I will be opening up a new feature in the South Florida Dive Journal in the next day or so, that will help each help us in picking the perfect dive sites for you....it is a group intake form I will be asking you to fill out...
It will relate your EXACT diving desires, and diving skill levels, and is set up to help us put 6 to 10 people of exactly the same specific interest together on the part of the reef system most ideal for their "wish list" of what they would experience...
The way our reefs are in Palm Beach, there are many different environments within only a FEW hundred yards of any part of the reef, and knowing the answers to the intake form should be a huge assist in guaranteeing the best diving possible.
I am asking that each of you coming email me at dan@sfdj.com so I can give you personal instructions on the form, and then get your feedback from it as well.
I will also be asking about all the things you guys would like from this trip when you are not diving, as the Hilton is ready to offer some pretty wild perks for us, and there are many things we can include on this trip...anyway, if you are coming, please email me ( and if you are going to be here for dives before or after the main trip, let me know this as well :)

I, for one, would like some idea of the schedule, since I would like to run down to the Miami boat show that weekend after fundies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom