Question GUE CCR3 Standard Gasses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

High chance, that there is a 10/70 in the backmounted doubles.
Other gases depend on different factors, like depth of the goal, availability, team preferences, etc.
You will know more, when you are ready to take the class.

High chance, that there is a 10/70 in the backmounted doubles.
Other gases depend on different factors, like depth of the goal, availability, team preferences, etc.
You will know more, when you are ready to take the class.
Mr. Obvious has arrived.

My curiosity stems from the fact that in my agency we don't use standard gas and I am already a hypoxic trimix diver, so you are not the one to tell me (with all due respect, mind you) if I am ready or not.

That escalated quickly.

1715813835684.gif

Joking aside, @FrancyMak I don’t think anyone is going to tell you. You can’t come on here as a new poster and expect to get a high level answer like that. No one knows you , no one wants you to kill yourself, and no one wants a random lurker to read what is posted and then kill themselves.

Also , you gotta know the super secret GUE CCR handshake anyways.

im curious -are you asking about GUE mixes to compare with your own preference?
you will know based own your OC training what is required, unless you going down the GUE route cant you just carry that across

Hi, out of cuoriosity I wanted to know the standard bailout gases for the CCR3 GUE course.
The same standard gases which are used in the RB80 (and for OC dives too). You'll find 18/45 is skipped more often than not because the MOD for 18/45 isn't substantively deeper than the deco gas MOD for 21/35. And 10/70 is rounded down on O2 and up on helium. But honestly - why do you care about this?

Hi, out of cuoriosity I wanted to know the standard bailout gases for the CCR3 GUE course.
Is this an I.C.D question? like how do GUE plan their bailout when diving to say 100 meters?

Im not GUE ,,, so hardly an expert ,,, but I have asked the same question ,,,, my understanding is they dont worry about it too much unless going deeper than 120m

My curiosity stems from the fact that in my agency we don't use standard gas and I am already a hypoxic trimix diver, so you are not the one to tell me (with all due respect, mind you) if I am ready or not.
I didn't tell you, if you are ready or not.
If you already are an hypoxic trimix diver, then you know how to plan a dive e.g. between 90 to 120 m with 30min of bottom time. Like @rjack321 said, high chance, that standard gases are part of the game.
Nonetheless, GUE Tech 3 is a very special class, since GUE CCR 2 and Tech 2 already include dive planing for dives done in Tech 3.
Tech 3 focuses more on the project diving. Up to now there are four instructors, who are teaching Tech 3. Maybe 10 to 30 people worldwide have taken the class. Diving in this depth range strongly relies on team preferences, so do the deco gases.
There is no easy answer to your question. It strongly depends on different factors. And it might even happen, that non-standard gases are used.
You can find some toughts about gas planning here:

im curious -are you asking about GUE mixes to compare with your own preference?
you will know based own your OC training what is required, unless you going down the GUE route cant you just carry that across
Hello! I know how to plan a dive and i know standard gases for OC, even for GUE classes.

Mine was a simple question of curiosity, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom