Guanacaste, which town to stay in to dive Catalina Islands and Bat Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elduderino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be going to Costa Rica the end of August and am trying to figure out where to stay. I have my AOW cert and am wanting to dive Bats and Catalina islands. Anyone have feedback on Tamarindo, Playa Del Coco, Playa Hermosa or Playa Potrero? It seems like Tamarindo is bigger/busier and a younger crowd. Playa Del Coco is more retirees, but also maybe more of a destination for more advanced divers so more likelihood of trips where I want to go? Also seems to be inbetween Bats and Catalina. Couldn't find much on the other two towns. Anyone have any feedback?

My whole family dived with Rocket Frog out of Playa del Coco last summer and I can strongly recommend them. They go to the Bats and Cats daily and are extremely professional. They even have Dive Resort arrangements with some local Hotels in the area around Playas Del Coco. We loved our stay and 3 days of diving.

That was my tentative plan since they seem to be recommended a lot. And they also have nitrox, which I couldn't find as an option on the other dive shops websites I looked at. Seems like Playa Del Coco has more to do than Hermosa, the beach just isn't as nice. Thanks for the feedback

Back
Top Bottom