Guam to raja ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be diving in truk/palau next year. How can I travel from that area to Raja Ampat

I have done some basic research, at first glance seems very difficult. Maybe someone else has tried

Planning is a challenge now with many flights not operating. I believe Bill, the owner of Manta Ray Bay Resort on Yap typically used United for his clients. I have done the same. We have booked combo trips with Yap and Palau that were fairly easy to arrange. Assuming United may be the only game in town when travel opens again in 2021, you may have to depart Yap/Palau and return to a hub destination like Singapore, then fly to Bali or Jakarta and a domestic Indo flight to Sorong.

I will be diving in truk/palau next year. How can I travel from that area to Raja Ampat
All flights to SOQ are domestic only. Garuda is your friend.

From TKK you are going to need to go through GUM, then someplace else like MNL, probably on United.
From ROR United will take you directly to MNL.

From MNL you can use Garuda to get to SOQ, connecting through CGK.
SIN can be an intermediate stop instead of MNL. Nicer. More connections.

Play with Flight Connections and Matrix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom