Guam diver with new gear!!! needs buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigern

Registered
Reaction score
Useless post but I'm happy with my new gear and felt like telling someone and since everyone that I know who dives is off island at the moment..you guys get stuck listening :D
So here's what I bought:
Scubapro knighthawk bc
Scubapro Mk25/S600 reg set
Oceanic swivel octo
Scubapro three guage cluster
Uwatec Aladin Prime computer

Snorkel gear I've had for awile;
Scubapro crystalvu mask
Scubapro pheonix snorkel
Scubapro twinspeed fins

Too bad they don't sell dive buddies. If anyone is interested in a diving with me I can be reached by phone at 564-3326(home) or 333-2061(work) and by email at tigern4382@yahoo.com (home and work) or adamsd@jag.guam.navy.mil (work). If you are in guam and looking for a buddy or maybe have some space for a tag along please contact me. I'm only open water certified at the moment but I am taking advanced and nitrox in Sept.
Thanks for letting me share.
Happy diving,
Dean

Tried to reply a few minutes ago, but it seems to have vaporized into cyberspace. Anyhow, if you don't have a buddy available, you COULD always try the daily (9am) MDA or GTDS 2-tank trips. They're 95% Japanese, DM-led groups, but usually you can tag along with a guide. I never care if someone tags along with me, as long as they understand the dive is guided according to the needs of the "paying" customers.

It's best to have your own competent, familiar buddy, but if you're able to watch your own air, depth & have reasonable bouyancy control, most (not all, ha ha) guides don't care if you follow their group. Throw them a few bucks & they'll probably follow you to your car & ask when you'll dive with them again :)

If you ask around when you get on the boat, you'll probably find a variety of groups...some going shallow, some deep....and you can try to find one you're comfortable with. If you're...how can I put this politely?....not at all competent in simple diving situations, THAT'S where it's a bit of a problem tagging along with a group. We all have our own customers, and if you need to be "rescued from yourself" quite a bit, that's a bit much to ask of an unpaid guide.

Anyhow, if you want to get a lot of dives in, that's a way of doing it. You should try to take advantage of the relatively easy, convenient, cheap diving while you're stationed here in Guam!

Thanks for the advice but I have to be at work at 9am mon., wed.,fri., and at 0730 on tues. and Thurs., so that's not really an option. I'm not the best at bouyancy control but I am good enough to keep my *** off the bottom. Since I'm new I'm also a pretty cautious diver. I'm not usually one to post up a request like this but most of my friends are deployed or are moving off island. 90% of my friends are from my former command and since the USS San Francisco is leaving Island, there go 90% of my friends. That doesn't leave many options for me when it comes to dive buddies. Thanks for the help though.

Hey, I'm on Guam right now and am looking to dive today and tomorrow (Wed-Thurs. 8/11-12) Will look for some of you at MDA. I'll be the one with the International Space Station (aka Aquatica housing).

Mar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom