Guam dive options in early April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reisender

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend and I are stopping in Guam from April 7 to April 9 on the way home from Truk. Who are the recommended dive shops in Guam? I've checked MDA's website but their schedule doesn't show anything for that week. I'm not sure if that means they aren't running the boats, or they are already booked by tour groups. I sent them an email, but am trying to cover my bases if that doesn't work out.

Does anyone want to ditch work and go diving? I've read about the plane at the navy base. I think both of us have the correct credentials to get on the base if that is an issue. Thanks.

MBA will be running dives and have multiple boats. We dived with them on our last trip about 4 years ago. You can dive the wrecks of SMS Cormoran and the Tokai Maru. These are actually touching each other, the only place in the world I believe that you can dive a WWI and WWII wreck on the same dive, although you will need two dives to see all of boat ships. See Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site for details on Cormoran and a link to Tokai.

Call MDA and see if they will be diving when you need them. They normally run a morning boat during the weekend and 2 runs on the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Calling Guam is not expensive or difficult. Call MDA and get all your questions answered. Just remember they are right now 7 hrs behind Pacific time and one day ahead. Calling on a Thursday afternoon would find them in the morning of Friday. I lived on Guam 40 years. There are more than one source of getting boat dives. The Tokai dive is good but outside the harbor has much better visibility. When you call, find out the locations they are diving and find out what choices you have. Finger reef and the American tanker are closer to the mouth of the harbor and generally have clearer water. The blue hole and crevice are very good dives outside the harbor. Good luck and have a great time! Adventure-Ocean

I've read about the plane at the navy base. I think both of us have the correct credentials to get on the base if that is an issue. Thanks.

Yep, there is a Japanese plane you can dive right off the shore on base. You can still see the red "zero" painted on the wing.

Back
Top Bottom