GT3 versus EOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found at first the EOS made a bit more noise, but it either faded or I no longer notice it. In any case, I love mine as I mentioned above.

If there is ANY thing to complain about (and this is a very small thing) is that the purge button is very soft. This is awesom when you need it, but inevitably when I'm showing students about breathing from a freeflowing reg, I push it right down. The looks on their faces are priceless when the thing blows like only this reg can. People above the water like it too. At ten feet, the spray is a foot and a half high! Have to watch it carefully...it burns through air pretty quick. LOL...

As for an alternate, I use the Alpha 8 octo and love it too. Nice to have a confident alternate like this instead of a junky octo...after all, if I ever NEED that octo, it better not be a piece of crud. Just like the primary second stage, you should think of your octo is terms of what it really is...life support gear. I've never understood the junk alternate syndrome where your safety gear is barely functional. I want to know that when I grab for my octo it's gonna save my bacon. It's also why I never skimp on service for my alternate when the primary gets serviced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom