GT3 versus EOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had the opportunity to dive both of the regs side by side and compare them? I have a pair of GT3's setup as my single tank regs, but am tempted by the positive reviews (and the good looks) of the EOS. So how do these two compare in the real world?

Thanks,
Jim

You're a gem, Jim. People like you make the world a better place. :D

I've never dove with the GT3, but I did have a Delta 4 and moved to the EOS (both have the FDX-10 first stage and I use the Alpha 8 octo for both). Both of these regulators have been absolutely fabulous, by far the best regs I've dove with (which is a longer list than most: Genesis GS2000, Sherwood Blizzard, Sherwood Maximus, Sherwood SR-1, Cressi Ellipse Titanium Alaska). I would recommend the EOS to anyone that can afford it.

Well as much as I was tempted by the EOS, I can't say I have ever felt that the GT3 didn't perform as needed. And since I just acquired another 1, I guess I'll stick with them for a while longer. :D

That's a wise decision. It's best not to spoil yourself, since there's always a better regulator out there than the one you're currently using. You can go broke pretty fast playing that game :)

Well as much as I was tempted by the EOS, I can't say I have ever felt that the GT3 didn't perform as needed. And since I just acquired another 1, I guess I'll stick with them for a while longer. :D

Check with your local dive shop for an Oceanic trade in package. I just upgraded to the EOS reg with the Alpha 8 octo and got 20% off the price for trading in my 13 year old Dacor regs. That's a pretty nice deal that Oceanic does, and kind of an early Christmas present to myself! :D

jimmer
i went with the delta 4 was looking at the eos and then asked if they could repair the eos now? no would have to order the parts.

but they did stock the delta 4 parts i don't know how new the eos is but they tell me the delta parts are very common to have in stock.

just a thought

Snook1e

Glad I found this thread... I've been drooling over the EOS as well, and currently dive the GT3 and my octo is a piece of crap (I hate it). My thinking was to get the EOS, and turn my GT3 into my octo, and donate the piece of crap to the landfill.

Anyone have any updates on how they are loving the EOS? Any issues been reported on them that I should be concerned with?

Thanks for the help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom