Ground transportation from the airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last June I noticed a security booth at the exit of the airport and the person inside it checked our van. Does this person stop people from walking off the airport grounds?
If you walk out of the airport to the street you just use the sidewalk to the right as you exit the terminal, there is no booth that way.

If you walk out of the airport to the street you just use the sidewalk to the right as you exit the terminal, there is no booth that way.

I'm not understanding or seeing that on the map using sat and streetview. That looks like it just takes you out the exit past the guard booth. Looks like you can go left and walk out the incoming route without passing it though.

I'm not understanding or seeing that on the map using sat and streetview. That looks like it just takes you out the exit past the guard booth. Looks like you can go left and walk out the incoming route without passing it though.
I just looked at that, never noticed a booth before, maybe it wasn't manned when I have walked through. There are people walking out with luggage on street view.

I just looked at that, never noticed a booth before, maybe it wasn't manned when I have walked through. There are people walking out with luggage on street view.

I've never heard of anyone on foot being stopped. I think their only concern is monitoring taxi traffic, like to ensure street taxis are not exiting with passengers or local businesses aren't picking up customers. This has been discussed in detail many times in the past with much better info from local residents, though.

I've never heard of anyone on foot being stopped. I think their only concern is monitoring taxi traffic, like to ensure street taxis are not exiting with passengers or local businesses aren't picking up customers. This has been discussed in detail many times in the past with much better info from local residents, though.
I am pretty sure I remember the shuttle driver stopping at the exit booth and showing the guard the manifest of passengers he was transporting. I agree; my remembrance is that they ignore pedestrian traffic.

We are not riding stuffed into a van. We are gonna walk out to the street and catch a cab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom