Ground lamb kabobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I believe there was a post about ground lamb kabobs in the Pub. I am no longer a part of the Pub, but I would like to get the recipe. If you're a part of the Pub, could you search "lamb kabobs" for me, and let me know if you find anything? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I haven't seen the Pub post, but I'll make a plug for lamb products from Tripoli Halal Meat in Marietta. Mohamed has ground lamb, of course, but his pre-made ground lamb kebabs (kofta) are great.

I believe there was a post about ground lamb kabobs in the Pub. I am no longer a part of the Pub, but I would like to get the recipe. If you're a part of the Pub, could you search "lamb kabobs" for me, and let me know if you find anything? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Do you remember when?

I assume it was posted in the "What Do You Eat?" thread, which as a little over 12,000 replies.

I post in that thread on occasion, and would be willing to search, but some timeframe of reference would help.

Do you remember when?

I assume it was posted in the "What Do You Eat?" thread, which as a little over 12,000 replies.

I post in that thread on occasion, and would be willing to search, but some timeframe of reference would help.

A little over a year ago. The ground lamb had caramelized onions, ras el hanoute, and I think parsley. They were formed around cinnamon sticks. I'm trying to see if I am missing anything. They were a huge hit last year.

I think if you just put "lamb kabobs" with the quotation marks in the pub search engine, the post will pop up. There can't be that many posts with that term in it.

Correction: It was a little over two years ago.

This is what I made in December of 2020. I think I had found the recipe in September or October.

Attachments

• kabobs 2.jpg
    kabobs 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 32
  • kabobs 1.jpg
    kabobs 1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 38
I was able to find the link to the Ras el Hanout recipe I used with the lamb. I went looking for a spice with that name at the DeKalb Farmers Market. I then learned it's combination of spices.

This is the closest that a Boolean search on "lamb kabobs" produces to a recipe.

Latest shooting thread:

"I'm making Lamb Kabobs and a Fattoush salad for my SIL. For the lamb, you have to moosh an onion in your food processor to marinate the lamb chunks in - the onion is a meat tenderizer. Add EVOO, garlic, allspice, lemon xest and juice, cardamom, and nutmeg."

I was able to find the link to the Ras el Hanout recipe I used with the lamb. I went looking for a spice with that name at the DeKalb Farmers Market. I then learned it's combination of spices.

Are you going to make the spice ?

Just curious..... Why can't you go to the PUB and search for yourself?

I went back to 2015 but couldn't find it.

if it was a hot link to recipe it won't show up in a search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom