Groceries: (ping phelana)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed 2 new stores opened during the past year. Are any of them real competitors for Warehouse? Is there specialization one should be aware of? And where the heck are they?

The Van den Tweel supermarket opened next to the new traffic circle west of the Warehouse. It is an honest to goodness supermarket with much greater variety than the Warehouse has been in the past. However, while we were on Bonaire in January, the Warehouse was closed and undergoing renovation. I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the renovations are designed to boost their competitive position re Van den Tweel's. Also, the old Cultimara is defunct, but I have read that a new supermarket has opened on the Cultimara site (the Top Supermarket). It was not open in January, either. I think overall choices have expanded 10-fold.

Hi Deco, thanks for pinging me! I was at Top and posted about it on my blog Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations--Bonaire Blog I LOVE IT..organized and American cleaning products and good produce. Van Den Tweel is nice but pricey IMHO. I love their cheese shop. I prefer Warehouse's bakery and overall shopping. I guess it's old habit. I also must mention Pieter at The Island Supplier (TIS) next to Warehouse has great produce (in the cold section) and the cheapest chicken (frozen) that I buy for my dogs. They also have cheap alcohol. Zong Kong x from WEB is another spot for cheap and a huge selection of alcohol. Lastly, Warehouse has amazing Italian wine. I know the supplier for the wine and trust me when I say, it's fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom