Grilled Dolphin???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
I am searching some Bahama hotels while researching a trip this upcoming April. A dive resort I was interested in claims that they have grilled dolphin as a dinner entree choice. I am very environmentally consious, and was absolutely disgusted by this! How can a dive resort offer this - you would think all divers share a common love and respect for the ocean and the creatures within it!! :11:

Can somebody please tell me - is it possible to serve grilled dolphin ethically?? I was quite interested in staying there, but there is no way that I will support a diving business that contributes to the catching of dolphins for food!

Must be Mahi Mahi dolphin.

rubystockf$92634623.gif

Not Bottlenose.

50491537.JPG

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dolphin FISH

Mahi-mahi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Mahi-mahi, Coryphaena hippurus, also known as dolphin, common dolphin-fish, dorado maverikos, or lampuki (in Maltese) are surface-dwelling ray-finned fish found in off-shore tropical and subtropical waters worldwide. They are one of only two members of the Coryphaenidae family, the other being the Pompano dolphinfish. The name "mahi-mahi" ("strong-strong" in Hawaiian), particularly used on restaurant menus, has been adopted in recent years to avoid confusing these fish with dolphins, which are mammals.

june16.jpg

i rememeber my boss once ringing up 20miles off shore.. he speared his very first dolphin fish after 30yrs of being a spearo and wanted to share it with me (at the time i was vegan)

...already covered

I have heard Dorado - Mahi Mahi called a dolphin fish before. Maybe this is what the mean.

At least I hope so!!

You guys need to come down south more often. Mahi Mahi is referred to as Dolphin on damn near every menu in South Florida.

Sorry, I'm from Canada, so I don't know these things!! :) Thanks everyone for the info - you learn something new everyday! They should state dolphinfish for those of us who don't know any better!!

Sorry, I'm from Canada, so I don't know these things!! :) Thanks everyone for the info - you learn something new everyday! They should state dolphinfish for those of us who don't know any better!!

Mahi mahi- the fish so nice, you say it twice!

Don't sweat the small things- it sounds like your head and your heart are in the right place.

you would think all divers share a common love and respect for the ocean and the creatures within it!! :11:

Hmm...I guess you haven't noticed the "hunting" section on this board for the spearfishers. There are also some divers on this board that defend Japanese whaling. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom