Greetings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEACREATURE

Reaction score
I found this site by accident and it has proved to be very helpful. I'm a certified diver with only 63 dives in the past 10 years. Since children, its been hard to find the time. They are 4 and 13 months. My husband and I are leaving them with his mom in October and we will be heading to Playa Del Carmen for a week. I can hardly wait!

Thanks to all for all of the useful info.

Michelle

Philip E. Lomason:
Michelle, you are 63 dives ahead of me. I hope to catch up.

It is so beautiful! I cried the first time I saw a reef. You can only imagine what it will be like by watching the Discovery channel...then you experience it for yourself and it is breathtaking!

Welcome Aboard!

I just got an Open Water certification last month. Now 10 dives under my belt and still loving it. I haven't dive in "salt water" yet! I am looking forward to it sometime this year - because my home is only 10 minutes from the beach. Right now, I am in college taking a class for 2 more week. Then I will be home for 9 days before the fall quarter! :wink:

I have planned two dives while in the Caribbamn in September. A two tank dive in Cozemel, Mexico, and a one tank dive in the Grand Caimans. I start class next weekend and have the open water certification two weeks later. Any suggestions or hints about class or where we are going. I will be diving with my son-in-law who is taking the class with me.

wildmtn:
Welcome Aboard!

I just got an Open Water certification last month. Now 10 dives under my belt and still loving it. I haven't dive in "salt water" yet! I am looking forward to it sometime this year - because my home is only 10 minutes from the beach. Right now, I am in college taking a class for 2 more week. Then I will be home for 9 days before the fall quarter! :wink:

I will be diving with my son in law who is also a new diver. We have to stops in the Caribbean planned for dives. Cozemel and the Grand Caimans. Any special advice??
SEACREATURE:
It is so beautiful! I cried the first time I saw a reef. You can only imagine what it will be like by watching the Discovery channel...then you experience it for yourself and it is breathtaking!

Howdy Michelle!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Hey - Phillip and Wildmt, have you guys done your own Intros, so we can welcome you properly...?

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Philip E. Lomason:
I have planned two dives while in the Caribbamn in September. A two tank dive in Cozemel, Mexico, and a one tank dive in the Grand Caimans. I start class next weekend and have the open water certification two weeks later. Any suggestions or hints about class or where we are going. I will be diving with my son-in-law who is taking the class with me.

Well, I am not sure what exactly you are asking about classes, but I will tell you in general...

There will be book to read (of course), practice the skills (like learning how to take off your mask underwater, how to deal with other divers when in emergency needed, etc...), you will be taking a test based on the book, and 4 required dives before you get your certification.

I am not sure about your instructor, but he/she will required you to buy a pair of boots, mask, snokel, and fins. Make sure your boots isn't DeepSea brand - I had them for my class, it already almost wore out after about 8 dives. I was real disappointed about it.

Good Luck with your classes and have fun diving in Mexico and Grand Cayman!

-wildmtn

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom