Greetings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, everyone. I've learned quite a bit already....

HArlan,

I am near Nashville. I'll be diving at Cerulean on Saturday and Pennyrile (SP?) on Sunday.

Duca,

Let me know how Cerulean is, I have heard good things but I have not got to go there yet. If you are ever looking for someone to dive I am willing to head that way.

Have fun this weekend.

Chad

Hey Duca I am doing my check out dives at Cerulean this Sat too. Small world eh? My class is from Bowling Green Ky and I think there will be 3 to 6 of us. I am not sure how many new students she has starting class but, but there are 3 of us doing check out dives this weekend. The name of the school is Inner Space Scuba and our instructors name is Teresa Appleby. I have never been to the quarry but I think it is a big place. 16 acres I hear. I hope we have the chance to meet.BTW my foot size is a ladies 6 1/2 and I am using force fins w/short top booties.It is what my teach wears and I like them alot.could be your wife would like them also.

Happy Diving

silver,

A diver and a Trap shooter? Wow.... you and my wife will get along great. She's been competing with and shotgun for about 6 years or so. We are both big shooters. I'll be wearing a blue & Blk shortie wetsuit unless it is VERY cold, using Apollo Bio Fins. I'll probly drive a white crew cab dodge dakota. We should have a group of about 7-8 people from the Nashville Area.
My wife tried a pair of Tusa split fins in XS today and she loved them... so we think the fin problem has been solved.

Harlan,

Cerulean was great when I was there a couple weeks ago. Vis started at about 15-20' and faded to about 3-5' by the end of the day. Probly us newbies stirring up the bottom! The fish were wild.... Giant bluegills bit several of us on the ear.

Last week I dove at Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, TN.. it was cool too, and it was only 15 mins from my house, Cer is almost 2 hours....

Duca, I have no idea what to expect at the quarry. Is that where you did your check out dives? Sounds like you have been there before. I don't know about those giant man-eating bluegill.A friend of mine asked how you scream underwater...this may be how I find out lol.

I'll keep an eye out for you and your group, when I am not totally consumed with trying to get the c-card that is.What part of Fla you off to? We are going to Destin in Oct.

This is all so exciting. That includes meeting all the people here.They're really great aren't they ?!!!

;o)

Duca - a warm welcome from monsoon-y Thailand. I'm envious hearing that you're going diving this weekend because I can't! Weather is too bad... my gills are drying up.

Hope you get everything you expected to out of this board - and more! Everyone is glad to help... and play nice, right kiddies? :p

That's Kera.. seems great so far...

Silv,

I did my first OW dives at Cerulean and did my checkouts near Nashville at another quarry.
I'm headed to Panama City next weekend... is there room in your group going to Destin in Oct? I might be able to get another weekend off. I'm trying to gain as much experience as I can before being in Jamaica after Thanksgiving.

BTW, isn't a "silverfish" a bug? :wink:

At this point we are talking about a night dive on Sat. If we do it, I'll probably end up staying in KY overnight. The other Quarry is supposed to be about 30 mins away. There's no point indriving 2 hours home just to get up the next morning and go back north.....

Unless a warm front comes through you can probably forget about that black and blue halfsuit I mentioned.... I'm going to by a 5mm two piece full tomorrow! Rumor has it that the water temp in Pennyrile at depth is less than 50!
Best that you just run around asking all the 25-30 year old white guys if you look like a bug. Eventually you'll find me. :wink:

I've got a bunch of firewood in my pickup for Saturday night. Some of our group are planning on a night dive and I'm most likely just going to camp out at Cerulean, then get up inthe moring and head to Pennyrile......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom