Greetings from Visayas!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xizang

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello guys greetings from Silay City, Negros Occidental! Weather is COLD here and been raining since I got here. Christmas was great with all the lechon and ham and salad. Im packing an additional 2 to 4 pounds on the midsection currently hehehe..

Im off to Dumaguete today for diving! I will be fun diving after more than 3 months!

Axua:
Hello guys greetings from Silay City, Negros Occidental! Weather is COLD here and been raining since I got here. Christmas was great with all the lechon and ham and salad. Im packing an additional 2 to 4 pounds on the midsection currently hehehe..

Im off to Dumaguete today for diving! I will be fun diving after more than 3 months!
Pards, merry christmas! Kwento pards pag balik mo...samahan mo na rin ng lechon, 2 kilos please.

Have fun over there. merry christmas... :xmas3: ako, 1K only, hapi na ko :)

Merry Christmas jai . . ako naman off to Tanauan, Batangas later after work . . fiesta time tomorrow! :D

nyaha . . I dunno yet . . saka kung san sang bahay ako makikikain dun lol. (I go around different homes to eat) The province spirit! Hope I don't get sick again from eating too much hehehe.

...and the dark clouds parted like the curtains in a broadway show, behold the great almighty sun has stretched out its rays for a few good men trying to sneak a dive into a season that should be spent with family and friends.

First dive - Mamsa point. I remember reading somewhere here that the jacks are gone. Well, they are all there!! Big, shiny and breathtaking. Current was manageable but I miss the exit buoy by 500 meters and had to climb and traverse on some rocks to call the boat.

Second Dive - Rockpoint. Sweetlips, jacks, soft corals, hard corals, drop-off that goes to only God knows where. Nice and easy relaxing dive. Oh there was a turtle :)

Lunch-break - There is now another resort aside from Liberty's lodge its on the north tip of the island in a secluded cove (near the exit of coconut point dive).

Third Dive - Chapel. Not so much fish life here, but the drop-off is breathtaking. The deep was calling us, but I had to abort the dive as 2 mates were having problems.

The best part about diving Dumaguete (back-door) is the cost!! same as last year, P1,200 for an overnight stay, 3 dives, food (lots of it).

Out of the water, I was able to visit 3 old churches in Dumaguete and Dauin. Small spanish-era churches (but the design look more like english provincial houses). I have a thing with old churches, I like visiting them and learning about its history and getting amazed at how old the structure is.

Well, thats all for now.. :)

Advance happy new year guys!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom