greetings from tropical forum newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

narkosis

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I can't believe how long it took me to find this forum ( 7 years!!) - actually it was more of me being ignorant than not being able to locate it!

Anyway, I'm Roger from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - home to the world's tallest buildings (for the moment!), and as chinky as a chink will ever be :eek:

Got myself OW-certified under PADI in '95 with my GF (ex-, now), and AOW under NAUI 2 years ago, both here in Malaysia.

I LOVE OUR REEFS !!!

In the year that I took up scuba, I gave up deep-sea fishing, a hobby for the past 13 years (yeah, yeah, can't blame me for being an old chink, can u? :wink:

Our reefs over here are pretty good by any standards, I guess, even though local conservation efforts leave quite a bit to be desired. Still considered as a 3rd world country means we still have lots of poor mouths to feed, that live off our seas. Efforts are being made currently to re-educate our local fisherfolk, but it's slow since they need to survive and the sea has been their ricebowl all life long, so to speak.

Anyhow, I'm glad I finally found this place, and hope we can share experiences.

Rgds & read your gauges!

Roger

Glad to have you on the board Roger.
Lots of info and great discussions going on here all the time.
Be safe and have fun!!!!:wink:

Welcome! This is a great place to hang out. Especially when your at work and there aren't any customers in the store... Wait, I didn't say that did I? I never goof off at work.

Jessica

Hey people,

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I think I like this forum style better compared to #scuba in IRC back in '95. Sure, it was spontaneous, but boring.

BTW Jessica, we NEVER goof off, we just skiv !! :wink:

Roger

Hey welcome to the board
fun and safe diving to you!!

Malaysia is a good place to live when you're a diver :jester:
I guess Dutch Springs will do while I am in Philadelphia :D (that's a very cold lake with very low vis, in my area).

Cheers

Zeina

Registered one day before you, so what welcome to the board.

Going back to Thailand this year but be sure to come back to you for some info on Malaysia for coming year.

Keep wet

Welcome to the best diving forum in the world from the greatest area in the world, the Great Pacific Northwest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom