Greetings from the Olympic Peninsula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board and enjoy. I live in Portland but dive up there in Puget Sound all the time. Just post any time you want to dive. Don't forget to fill in your profile so we know a bit more about you.

Charles

Welcome!

I dive Crescent Lake every so often. It's chilly but fun and the water is very clear. Hood Canal draws a lot of divers, too.

Sea ya!

Cold Water Bound:
Greetings all,
Recent transplant to the area and am wondering if there are many who live on or around the Sequim / Port Angeles area.

CWB
No, but I have a friend who lives in Port Angeles and I sometimes go out that way to dive. Usually we dive Ediz Hook, but a couple weeks ago we went out to Sekiu Jetty ... it's an incredible dive. You can find my description of it in another recent thread in this forum, if you're interested. Also out your way is Salt Creek, which is a great dive site ... but a bit of a pain getting into and out of (you have to climb some rocks and stairs with all your gear).

There's a nice dive shop in downtown P.A. ... don't recall the name of it, but it's a combo bike/kayak/scuba shop. You can most likely find other dive buddies there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I dove this past week with a member I met on Scubaboardat Ediz Hook. While I would recomend this site for divers of all levels, I would caution you, as did my buddy, that the entry can be a bit slippery due to the lettuce kelp. You set your profile, but we stayed above 70 feet and saw alot of critters. Lots of logs tossed about on the bottom. Easy navigation and a easy beach entry with crude restroom there too. Coast Guard about a blodk away. We dove by the trees on the inside of the hook. We saw: 1/2 inch long baby squid (look mama, I am swimming!), small sunstars, shrimp, various anemones, a 3 foot lingcod (smnall fella), perhaps an old octo den, red rock crab, possibly a helmet crab, tube worms, white lineed dorona nudi, possible gold dirona nudi, many rockfish, and perhaps a large school of blue or black rockfish. Not sure on those rockfish, but amazing. Seems like they were saying "let's see who makes the first move." It was fanstastic. As my buddy and fellow Scubaboard member said, at 70' it drops down deep. He was correct, it looked like it dropped down fast. Either way, no current, easy dive. Go for it. No regrets. I promise you. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom