Greetings from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

Love this board. Lots of experienced divers sharing their wisdom and anecdotes, and none of the incessant flaming you get on the Dutch boards and usenet group.

About me: 37 yr old, started diving two and a half years ago, have logged some 250 dives since then, mostly in the immediate neighbourhood.

Diving in Holland is done either in freshwater lakes or in the brackish Schelde estuary. I've been diving in the Mediterranean (Mallorca) and the Red Sea (Hurghada) and I'd say our own Grevelingen and the tide swept Oosterschelde waters beat the Med as far as the variety and abundance of life forms is concerned, though visibility isn't anywhere near what you get down south. Say 5 meters, max. Usually less. Another issue is water temperature. Now, at the height of summer, 17 C above the thermocline and a lot less below. In winter, 3 or 4 C but we never let up. We do need to remind each other constantly: "Diving is fun! Hold on to that thought!" :wink:

Art

ArthurGerla:
Hi everyone,

Love this board. Lots of experienced divers sharing their wisdom and anecdotes, and none of the incessant flaming you get on the Dutch boards and usenet group.

Art

Stick around :11:

Welcome to the board :D

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Welcome to the board! Jump right in to the discussion forums - we're always glad to have new members.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Hello and a warm welcome!

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :azvatar:

250 dives in 2,5 year. Not bad
I am at 180 in 4 years

Welcome to the board Art.... great chats,,, great info ,,, great people... enjoy

I've been to the Netherlands about 20 times... lovely country

Tot ziens from Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom