Greetings from the Netherlands!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thnx. I'm from Hilversum. Vinkeveen is my home spot. The best mudpit in the world if you ask me
It's dangerous down there...
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 22.28.26.png

Hi Guys,

I've been quietly lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to become a member.:)
Been diving for about 4 years and started my journey into tec in the beginning of last year. I mostly spend my diving days in the cold and murky Dutch lakes (which i actually like better than aquarium tropical dives)
I've found the board to be an invaluable source of information. Especially right after my open water certification i felt like there were a lot of questions unanswered which i found here and am continuing to find here.
So thank you guys and girls for all that.

and see you around on the board.:wink:

welcome! I’ve been a member for several years but just had to open up a fresh account. I live in Texas and normally dive freshwater lakes, springs in Texas or Florida and in the Gulf of Mexico. The easiest trips for us are to Mexico but in a non covid year we can dive internationally. Our dive shop is Scuba Adventures in Plano. We can be found at https://www.scubaplano.com and in most social media channels. Never been to the Netherlands but am a big fan of their football programs! You guys rock. Reach out if you ever get to this part of the world!

Thnx for the warm welcome Scott. Will make sure to do a dive with u guys if I'm in the neighborhood

Hi Guys,

I've been quietly lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to become a member.:)
Been diving for about 4 years and started my journey into tec in the beginning of last year. I mostly spend my diving days in the cold and murky Dutch lakes (which i actually like better than aquarium tropical dives)
I've found the board to be an invaluable source of information. Especially right after my open water certification i felt like there were a lot of questions unanswered which i found here and am continuing to find here.
So thank you guys and girls for all that.

and see you around on the board.:wink:

Welcome on the board! Good to see a fellow Dutch! Have fun and you will find a lot of cool info here!
Just started scuba myself this year, hopefully more diving around the Netherlands in 2021. Might be able to start a Dutch scuba meeting :wink:

PS, have a look in the regional board, there is a Benelux forum with a Dutch thread!

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah this forum has a wealth of info.
Do you still dive in wetsuit in these temperatures? I know I did my first season. But once I went dry I never looked back

Will have a look at the Benelux forum fo sure

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah this forum has a wealth of info.
Do you still dive in wetsuit in these temperatures? I know I did my first season. But once I went dry I never looked back

Will have a look at the Benelux forum fo sure

Unfortunately, after completing the fourth specialty for my AOW, I had some ear problems (luckily not equalizing related), and decided to let that get checked. Last weeks of dec I got medically cleared after an MRI. so haven't had any dives in okt. nov. and dec. :( Hopefully spring is early this year so I can get back into the routine! maybe next winter I'll know if I'm hardcore enough to keep using the wetsuit, or going the dry route.

Unfortunately, after completing the fourth specialty for my AOW, I had some ear problems (luckily not equalizing related), and decided to let that get checked. Last weeks of dec I got medically cleared after an MRI. so haven't had any dives in okt. nov. and dec. :( Hopefully spring is early this year so I can get back into the routine! maybe next winter I'll know if I'm hardcore enough to keep using the wetsuit, or going the dry route.

Oh man that's too bad. I had ear isuess in my first year as well. And it seems to be a common issue among new divers.
Hopefully you'll be able to get in the water soon. It's pretty cold atm ❄️☃️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom