Greetings from the Netherlands!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No_Stress

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

I've been quietly lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to become a member.:)
Been diving for about 4 years and started my journey into tec in the beginning of last year. I mostly spend my diving days in the cold and murky Dutch lakes (which i actually like better than aquarium tropical dives)
I've found the board to be an invaluable source of information. Especially right after my open water certification i felt like there were a lot of questions unanswered which i found here and am continuing to find here.
So thank you guys and girls for all that.

and see you around on the board.:wink:

Hi and welcome!

What's the path for your tec journey? Overhead, deco, both? Do you do everything in the Netherlands?

Enjoy the forum!

Hi Ginti,

Thanks, last year i got normoxic trimix certified. But my endgoal is to do technical wreck in Croatia on some of the iconic wrecks around Pula. Hopefully next summer we'll be able to move around Europe again and spend some weeks in the Adriatic.

I mostly spend my diving days in the cold and murky Dutch lakes (which i actually like better than aquarium tropical dives)

Welcome! Glad to have you. What is it you prefer about the cold, murky Dutch Lakes over tropical oceanic coral reef (I presume) dives?

We have a member, Marie13, whom I believe prefers freshwater diving in the Great Lakes of the U.S. where there are well-preserved wrecks. These 'lakes' are essentially inland freshwater seas.

So you're not the only one who prefers something besides reef diving, but what do you find in those Dutch lakes?

Hi Drrich2 and thanks,

Well i guess that being i a cold/dark environment makes other senses than sight more accute.
To me diving in those conditions is like meditation. It might sound a bit odd but for me that's the best way to describe it.

It might sound a bit odd but for me that's the best way to describe it.

Not odd, I understand you, even if I like warm water too (I basically like anything deeper than a bath tube :) )

Welcome!

Where do you usually go diving?

Me and my partner do like tropical dives but last year we've done GUE Fundamentals and rediscovered our interest in the Dutch lakes. Our next goal will be Cave 1 and then Tech 1. Wreck diving is also pretty awesome :).

Welcome!
Nothing beats a nice low vis cold mud pit..
Which part of the Netherlands are you from?

Thnx. I'm from Hilversum. Vinkeveen is my home spot. The best mudpit in the world if you ask me

Welcome!

Where do you usually go diving?

Me and my partner do like tropical dives but last year we've done GUE Fundamentals and rediscovered our interest in the Dutch lakes. Our next goal will be Cave 1 and then Tech 1. Wreck diving is also pretty awesome :).

Yep nothing beats the Dutch murk if you ask me. Pretty cool to see how many people have rediscovered the home diving. Last few weekends were super busy above and below the water at zandeiland 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom