Greetings from the Canadian Rockies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Statick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So after poking my head around a little, I've decided to register.

I've been certified as an Open Water Diver since August 2010 and have since done a number of other PADI recreational courses. While much of my training dives were here in the freshwater lakes of the Canadian Rockies, I have also had the pleasure of diving off the northeast coast of Australia, southern Kauai, west Maui, Kona, Roatan and Santa Catalina.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all, learning from you and contributing whatever I can.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA....

Hello Statick: Welcome on board. I love Canadian Rockies. Id love to dive BC and Puget Sound area. How was Australia?

Welcome to Scubaboard.
Spent some time in a couple Glacial Lakes in the Rockys back in 1989 but have not been back to BC since. Spend most of my underwater time in the Great Lakes now.

Have a friend in Port Hardy that keeps bugging me to visit. I told him I was landing in Vancouver on November 6th and he got all excited. Then I told him it was only to refuel then on to Manila.

Welcome to the Board! I teach out of Edmonton and Victoria so I'll see you in jasper/Banff eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA....

Thanks very much. I was in Orlando in late 2012 and wanted to get head to Cape Canaveral or further south for some diving, didn't quite make it though; my parents wanted to see Disney World. I always thought it was the parents who took their children!

Hello Statick: Welcome on board. I love Canadian Rockies. Id love to dive BC and Puget Sound area. How was Australia?

I'm one province east of BC, but I also want to dive the Emerald Sea sometime. The Great Barrier Reef was actually my first exposure to diving, it set quite the high standard. I'd like to try elsewhere in the South Pacific before going back; either the Cook Islands, Borneo/Indonesia/Micronesia or New Zealand.

Welcome to Scubaboard.
Spent some time in a couple Glacial Lakes in the Rockys back in 1989 but have not been back to BC since. Spend most of my underwater time in the Great Lakes now.

Have a friend in Port Hardy that keeps bugging me to visit. I told him I was landing in Vancouver on November 6th and he got all excited. Then I told him it was only to refuel then on to Manila.

I haven't done any diving of the Great Lakes, despite my wife being from Toronto. One of these times that I'm out there visiting, I'll have to head out to Tobermory. I imagine you've been - how is it?

Welcome to the Board! I teach out of Edmonton and Victoria so I'll see you in jasper/Banff eventually.

Edmonton!? My sincerest condolences to you! Oddly enough, I am now living in Edmonton. I was in Calgary for a long time before moving up here a few years ago. Out of which shop are you teaching? I'm always keen to get more training done and would love to pass some of the frigid winter months by taking the Nitrox course. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Welcome to SB from Vancouver, BC - I am fortunate to be able to dive in the Emerald Sea on a regular basis and over to Port Hardy as a special occasion a couple of times a year. Some advice, take up your friend's offer ... you'd be AMAZED by Port Hardy, it's INCREDIBLE up there... truly a special place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom