Greetings from T'ganu!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi ScubaBoard,

Greetings from Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia. I'm a 23-year-old, originally from Baltimore, MD, US. I'm living out here for a year teaching English under the auspices of a Fulbright scholarship. Terengganu living is in some ways very easy and in other ways very complex, but all in all, I love being on this little corner of the world.

I come to ScubaBoard trying to reimmerse myself in the SCUBA world after a long hiatus. I recently spent some time with my father (also on hiatus for a while, now an avid diver) on Pulau Redang, which is an island not 35 minutes from my house. I told the dive guide there that I was trepidatious, and hadn't been in the water in six years. No matter; the first dive was clumsy, but I was having a very fun and safe time throughout. It all came back very quickly and very smoothly. After the boat ride home, I check out the SSI website. I was shocked to find that I got certified NINE years ago! Wow! So, it's clear to me now that it's time to get back in the water—especially now, while I can throw a stone in the water it'll whiz by a beautiful coral reef.

Anyway, that's me. Sorry for the long introduction, but I'm excited to be back in the SCUBA world. Hopefully it won't be as long the next time I get underwater.

- Zack

Nobody in Malaysia (and few in Baltimore) knows what trepidatious means. Tell the dive guide you're nervous next time. :D

Welcome to Scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom