Greetings from S.E. Pa.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arew+4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,
New to the forum, and returning to active diving. My wife and I got certified together over 25 years ago and racked up some serious bottom time as DINKs. Followed by 15 yrs in the desert with only an occasional oasis. Just got the kids certified this past December in Bonaire and we are looking forward to many future diving trips together. Starting with the Fl. Keys this June.

Andy

Welcome. My wife & I have a 4 year old; that does impact the dynamics of vacation planning. I still dive, though. And she liked to watch a couple of live-aboard videos I brought him. I hope someday she's certified and diving like your kids. Have you dove the Florida Keys before?

Richard.

Richard,
Yes, we drove down to ft lauderdale in 1990, did our check outs there, and then "dove down" to Key West. We spent a week in Key Largo in 2002, and got our advanced cert. Then we spent a week in Marathon in 2015, no diving, just snorkeling and fooling around with the kids. (Highly recomend Marathon great location and family vibe) It was kind of a ready check for the twins since they were 11 at that time and their brother was 13..

I tried Key Largo back in 2013; loved it! I'd heard a lot of good about it, and at the time our little girl was so young I wanted U.S. health care immediately at hand in case of sickness, so 'staying U.S.' appealed.

The one 'gripe' the family (in other words my wife) had was the lack of sandy beach. Someone later told me Marathon could've opened up an option in that regard, and Marathon's said to still have good diving. Haven't tried that.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom