Greetings from Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some top side food related info would be nice too, not bar noisy stuff just good food, we spend more time on the surface than in the water.
Food: the staple in the island is either roasted pork and mofongo (smashed plantain), or sea food. My suggestion will be ask the locals in the area you are staying. Let them know you want to try the local food (not the Dominican invaded cuisine that is a good imitation but not as good as local). Here are some restaurant examples: El Jibarito; Metropol; La Alcapurria; Cafe El Punto; Barrachina; Lechonera Angelitos; Raices. But again please ask a local in the area you are staying.

Sea food
1640616924689.png

Mofongo and Pork
1640616969157.png

Had a great time in Puerto Rico back in June and thought I'd post a short video of the recovering reef at Steps Beach Marine Park. I was impressed with all the new growth this past year!
Nice video. I was there June 2019 and this video shows a lot of growth since then

A question, are there any dive shops that have unlimited tank rentals and non-nanny programs, like dive bus in Curaçao? Good shore diving options in which regions etc.

my group has a trip planned for early June and not getting a good feeling about the situation changing in time so we are doing a quick look into alternatives.
best option is to pick up the phone and start calling the LDS. start with Scuba Dog, Scuba Dogs | Diver's Best Friend

this was at Waiter's Bar and Grill in San Juan, PR

1640625143469.png

Hi. Iam new to the board but not to Scuba Diving. I was originally certified back in 1999, and just finished a "refresh" certification for Open Water, because I wanted to be current with the changes.

Now I will continue to Advanced Open Water.

I hope to get some valuable information from all of you.
Welcome @scubapr1705. Thanks for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom