Greetings From Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alucard483

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone,
A warm greetings from the currently cold state of Michigan! Diving is something I am just now getting into and I am looking forward to it all! I have a trip planned to Malta in September and am looking very forward to seeing some of the sunken wrecks. Between now and then I plan to get myself certified and wish to eventually be able to reach Tech Diver so I can go back and see even more on my next trip.

Welcome. You live in one of the world's wreck diving meccas. While Malta is awesome, you don't have to travel the world for wreck diving.

It was the WWII war wrecks that caught my interest. I love history and love being able to get up close to it which is what brought me to Malta to begin with. While I was there I saw all kinds of posters for wreck diving and KNEW that the next time I went back I would have to "suba myself on down there" and see some WWII wreckage. Despite having even lived in Traverse City diving had never really popped up on my radar which is a real shame. I do however plan to utilize the lakes as much as possible to train myself.

Try intact wooden schooners from the 1800s. You don’t get that in salt water. Using the Great Lakes for training? Bah! They’re what you train for.

Hello Everyone,
A warm greetings from the currently cold state of Michigan! Diving is something I am just now getting into and I am looking forward to it all! I have a trip planned to Malta in September and am looking very forward to seeing some of the sunken wrecks. Between now and then I plan to get myself certified and wish to eventually be able to reach Tech Diver so I can go back and see even more on my next trip.
After that trip you got to check out the diving in your home state! Alpena, Michigan (Thunder Bay) is the most untapped diving market I have ever seen. Yet, it has one of the largest collections of shipwrecks in the world. Most of them are quite intact.
It's awesome diving if you love history/shipwrecks.

Yes, Alpena diving is awesome.

Lots of relatively shallow wrecks in eastern Lake Ontario too,

Welcome to Scubaboard and to diving! I don't know much about diving on the west side of the state, but there are lots of great wreck dives to be had with recreational profiles in Lake Huron. If you're going to be doing any Great Lakes (or inland lake) diving, you'll definitely want to get certified for drysuit. There are people who do it in double 7mm, but you'll be much more comfortable doing it dry.

If you're going to be doing any Great Lakes (or inland lake) diving, you'll definitely want to get certified for drysuit. There are people who do it in double 7mm, but you'll be much more comfortable doing it dry.
Good to know! Ill be sure to get that additional cert!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom