Greetings from London

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nycbrasco

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am an American and I have lived in London for the past 10 years. I certified PADI Advanced Open Water last year in Mauritius and have dived in the UK and the Red Sea on a fantastic liveaboard run by Tony Backhurst Scuba. Since then, I have decided that I want to make diving the main aspect of my life in terms of work. I am beginning to dislike London and the horrible weather here so much that it has made me think of moving to a place where I can work and study the PADI course through to Instructor level. I am 39 and if I do not pursue this now I fear that it will be too late. Does anyone out there know of any schools in the US or Caribbean/Central America who will take on an Advanced level student in exchange for work and a small wage which will be enough to live on until achieving the Instructor certification?

Many thanks for any replies in advance - I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards!

Hey...if you find such a place please pass it along to the rest of us!

Welcome aboard!

I've visited your fair city and fell in love with it. History and culture everywhere. You're so lucky.

smilies-35308.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you around. This is a great resource to find local dive buddies and organize more diving. Have fun.

nycbrasco:
Does anyone out there know of any schools in the US or Caribbean/Central America who will take on an Advanced level student in exchange for work and a small wage which will be enough to live on until achieving the Instructor certification?
Welcome to the Board !
You're probably better off saving a bit of that London cash and heading out to either Honduras or Thailand. You'll be hard pressed to find a company to pay you as a AOW diver working through. I know in Thailand you can get good packages to take you through to the Instructor ranks. Whilst there you can also live very cheaply (£80/month rent, £1 for a bottle of Heineken, £2 or less a meal), especially compared to London !! Check out this site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom