Greetings from LA(Lower Alabama)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB from Nova Scotia. Do you shore dive in your area? We used to "snowbird" in Destin/Biloxi/Dauphin Island. I played clarinet in Destin in a place called "Club LA". Let me know if you need shore diving sites advice in the area.

There are a few spot of the beach that I have dove. Plant to do more soon.

Welcome to SB from Nova Scotia. Do you shore dive in your area? We used to "snowbird" in Destin/Biloxi/Dauphin Island. I played clarinet in Destin in a place called "Club LA". Let me know if you need shore diving sites advice in the area.

Any advice would be great

Any advice would be great
AL- Perdido Pass right near the FL line. Nice Jetty dive-- must be slack tide (current).
Pensacola- Pensacola Beach-- Gulf diving and a spot on the Bay.
Destin-- Dive under the Bridge--park W. side of br., walk a ways geared up to the right, ride incomming current back to bridge & follow dridge back to parking lot (need free permit--online--US Air Force Eglin Field).
Thumb Jetty-- (East Jetty at the bridge)- 50' -slack tide.
Panama City Beach-- St. Andrews State Park. Maybe best shore dive around. Slack tide in inlet, but also you can dive the gulf side of jetty anytime.

Check out S.E. USA sub forum and click on "Dixie Divers" for up to date news.

LA as in lower(southern) Alabama. Not too far for FL panhandle though
Yes. I believe the part of the FL Panhandle that is directly South of AL is also at times referred to as LA ("Lower Alabama"). I've heard this is because some think FL robbed AL of that chunk of Gulf shoreline. Not sure if that's true.

Welcome! I've got family in UCLA. Upper Corner of Lower Alabama, for those not from the region!

Welcome! I've got family in UCLA. Upper Corner of Lower Alabama, for those not from the region!
Haven't heard of that one. Near what town?

I was making a joke about the UCLA bit specifically, but family in Mobile and Birmingham.

The Flower Garden Banks already mentioned, way off Texas, are far enough offshore to have great vis, and are just warm and south enough to grow coral. Affectionately known as the "Redneck Caribbean" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom