Greetings from Greater Metropolitan Burien, Washington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hi: And welcome to Scuba Board. :wave: It's a fun place to learn, compare, argue. :thumb:

don

Hey Uncle Pug,

I've already heard great things about you. I dove Titlow the other day with Greatful Diver (aka Bob) and Shawn. Had a great time -- you name came up. Good to finally meet ya! Thanks for the warm welcome ...

I've never been there... I don't head south that often... what's at Titlow?

There didn't seem to be much at Three Tree (except excellent viz) but then maybe I missed it. Shane and I did run across a runabout on a trailer in about 50' of water. One Ratfish and one Irish Lord.

Melanie... what have you seen at Three Tree?

3 Tree seems to be a hit or miss dive site. I have had some incredible dives there, and some dives I've seen absolutely nothing.

I have seen wolf eels, squid, and octos on many occasions, as well as lot's of ratfish.

It's not uncommon to see dogfish, an occasional lumpsucker, and I know a few individuals who've run into 6 gills there.

But at the same time, on some occasions I've walked out of the water having only seen some lings and a red irish lord or two.

I've seen quite a bit at Three Tree but I've done so much diving there (all my OW and AOW dives as well as fun dives) that I'm not sure I could list it all. It's been a while too so I might not remember it all.

I did a dive for my PADI Naturalist as well as for the REEF Fish ID class I took.

Ratfish
Lords
Rockfish
wolf eels
no 6 gills, THANK GOD
lots of inverts
octos
I think there's Perch there (like I said this is from memory)

But, I really know the area because I went to HS down there.......

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I've never been there... I don't head south that often... what's at Titlow?
Titlow is a very shallow dive (~40 fsw max) so one can get a LOT of bottom time there. There are some ledges to the south of the beach entry in about 30 fsw or so that are home to wolf eels, octos etc. You can also cruise the old ferry dock pilings (bring a shovel if you want to hit 35 fsw!), a very cool night dive if I say so myself.

I did Titlow as my 5th and final OW certification dive last year, and saw my first wolfeel and octo there. It's one of my favorites but is definitely current sensitive. Low exchange days and diving on slack required. I'll be hapy to give you a tour if you feel like coming down to the City of Destiny for some diving. :wink:

Jimmie

Howdy Bill!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

Back
Top Bottom