Greetings from Detroit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuber

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! Just came back from Cozumel and stumbled upon Scubaboard. So, here I am. We had a fantastic time diving and can't wait to go back. This may be a dumb question, but, a we ran into people wearing 'squid lids'-said it kept hair out of their face. I have a hard time with that since I have long hair. I don't want to wear a hood. Do they work? Any advice for keeping hair in tact while diving??
:dazzler1:

Hi, from the other side of the state!

Caymaniac

p.s. I bought a scuba lid, and found that it filled with air from my second stage, I was told to burn three holes in the top with a solder iron but I have'nt tried it yet.

Hi Scuber,

Welcome to SB.com, I too went to Cozumel but that was back at the end of January.. one way that helped me with diving and long hair was I got mine braided in town.. you might try that or try using a d-rag on your head and braiding the long part it will help with the tangling..

Sham_ba_la

Scuber:
Hi all! Just came back from Cozumel and stumbled upon Scubaboard. :dazzler1:
Hey Scuber,

As long as you are just stumbling around the scubaboard you may want to trip a little further on down the board to the clubs section. Vist us at the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew, we are a group of nutty people who are not afraid of a little cold water. Do you plan on diving locally or will you be a WWW? We are planning our first annual get together a Gilboa quarry on April 17th.

Welcome to the board.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
Hey Scuber,

As long as you are just stumbling around the scubaboard you may want to trip a little further on down the board to the clubs section. Vist us at the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew, we are a group of nutty people who are not afraid of a little cold water. Do you plan on diving locally or will you be a WWW? We are planning our first annual get together a Gilboa quarry on April 17th.

Welcome to the board.

Mitten Diver

Haven't really thought about cold water diving. How cold are we talkin'??? I'll check out GLWC.

Back
Top Bottom