Greetings From Berkeley, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You all are so cool!! Nice to meet you!

I had my 4th class last night, and we were under water, and I took my mask off handed it to my buddy, took his, put it on, (had to hold it on cuz' his head is bigger than mine!) cleared it, and then switched back to my mask. Then I shot up out of the shallow end and yelled WoW!! because that was what I thought was going to be the hard part, and it was fine!

Scubaboard Rules!!

I've been diving with a 7mm wetsuit in Monterey. Deepest dive 80 ft. 11 dives. I have always been warm. Although all the instructors and divemasters dive with drysuits. It is just a choice.

I've been hearing about the amazing Channel Islands dives! So, I do plan to head that way.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi and welcome from snowy Norway

Safe diving

You are greeting me all the way from Norway?? That is pretty cool.

I finished my certification in early November. My OW dives were a gruelling experience, but I passed. They were beach dives in Monterey California, steel tank, 7mm suit.

To give myself a different experience I went for a boat dive yesterday. Wow! That was much better. I'm still working out some equipment issues, but still very interested in this new sport and the adventure it brings.

What is your favorite place to dive?

Willa

subwilla once bubbled...
Tonight I had my third NAUI scuba lesson! I am lovin' it.

My certification dive is November 2nd at Monterrey Bay California. I still have a lot to learn but finding ScubaBoard.com has lowered my anxiety about many things that are never covered in a scuba class.

In short, I LOVE :harthrob: this place! Thanks for being here.

Great diving, an otter was no more than 25 feet away from us on the surface, while we observed his antics with a rock and shellfish! Have fun.

If you're ever looking for someone to dive with, look me up. I live near Berkeley Bowl.

Congrats on finishing your OW cert!

It was cold. If I continue to dive locally I'll have to invest in a dry suit.

Otters are interesting, soooo cool. There were plenty on Saturday, rolling over on the surface, hanging around, and I saw some from the boat playing with other divers. At one point there was an otter surrounded by gulls, and the boat captain explained to me how otters eat. Then he descibed the role of the gulls surrounding the otter, diving for scraps!!

The underwater sea life at Monterey Bay I'd already determined as fascinating during my certification dives. On the first dive, as soon as I got to the floor, a school of beautiful, small gold-looking fish swam by. And I thought, "Yup. That's why I'm here." It just got better after that.

I think I have to invest in some new books now, so I can refer to my experiences properly!

What can you tell me about Point Lobos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom