Greetings from a rusty diver in the San Fernando Valley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ariels

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I learned to dive in Michigan many moons ago and dove extensively as a young gal (up through Rescue Diver and Cavern Diver (PADI)). I took a refresher last year but have been too busy to put it to good use. Well, in 2014 I am going to make time!

Anyone have any good ideas to get back into things in local areas like Malibu, OC or Palos Verdes? Best place to rent gear in LA?

Thanks much!

Hard to offer good advice when you reference places spread out all over the greater LA area. I'd suggest getting a copy of California Diving News at a local shop and look in the Dive Club section at the back for clubs in your area. There are a number of great clubs and dive shops in SoCal to choose from. Congratulations on getting back into SCUBA... the kelp forests here are world class.

Oops, just realized your subject heading said San Fernando Valley. I'm not too familiar with shops in the Valley but am speaking tomorrow night at the Whaler's Dive Club monthly meeting (Coco's Restaurant 22200 Sherman Way, Canoga Park). Their club might be a start.

Welcome! Where in the valley are you? Shops are closing left and right, but still some places around...or on th way to the water :)

Glad you took a refresher! (you know there is no limit on how many you take if it was a year ago.) :wink:

Welcome aboard!!!!
Now go out there and get wet!!!!
Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here: >>>>> SoCal <<<<<<

Back
Top Bottom